^Hurontario needs to be narrowed to 2 lanes, with on street parking and bike lanes. Traffic would slow down, more pedestrians would patronize street front retail, and thus generally get to appreciate good architecture like these towers at a slower pace.

Anyone @MCH listening?

^Hurontario needs to be narrowed to 2 lanes, with on street parking and bike lanes. Traffic would slow down, more pedestrians would patronize street front retail, and thus generally get to appreciate good architecture like these towers at a slower pace.

Anyone @MCH listening?

Here are some LRT Hurontario documents that fall in-line with what you saying. Across the street from AB4/5 has tremendous potential (parking lots and c-class office buildings) and if done (redone) right it can really transform that intersection and area into something we can admire, appreciate and enjoy for years to come along with becoming a destination onto itself. AB4/5 has set the bar...
http://www.hurontario-main.ca/PDFs/PIC%203%20Transportation%20Boards.pdf
http://www.hurontario-main.ca/PDFs/PIC%203%20Character%20Area%20Boards.pdf
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/Hurontario_Main_Street_Master_Plan_Report.pdf

From today.

Attachments

• DSC01691.jpg
    DSC01691.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 223
Thank you Jasonzed for the latest pics. Those towers so amazing, and they are not even finished! Yesterday I was driving by them with my hubby and me raking my head as usual. He commented:" Are you going to pee your pants out of excitement". No, I won't but otherwise I am probably not exactly acting my age whenever I see those architectural treats.

nice shots, Jason! That view looking down Burnhamthorpe is getting better all the time!

I was driving south on Dixie near 401 when I thought "what the hell are they lifting?", but as I got closer it became clear that is was the concrete pumping gear projecting from the top, almost to the height of the crane, which has now been boosted once again. It looks like both are now set up for the final floors and mechanical penthouses.

I can see #4 over the roof and treetops in my neighborhood, which is kinda cool, as nothing was tall enough before.

I'm not sure I agree about narrowing Hurontario to 4 lanes - especially not to slow traffic down - it's already slow through from the 403 to Central Parkway. If it's 3 lanes north of there to beyond Steeles, and 3 lanes all the way down to the QEW, it would create a huge bottleneck that would outweigh any aesthetic benefits that would be gained. Until rapid transit is in place and taking thousands of cars off the road, that idea would do nothing but make the intersection a traffic and pollution choke point - it can only be done as part of the LRT/BRT overhaul - not before. We're talking about an artery here, not a local road. As the plentiful parking lots are replaced with buildings, parking will go underground and/or be added on the additional streets created within the MCC area. Separated bike lanes and accessible sidewalks, absolutely, but parking spots right on this stretch of Hurontario will likely never happen, even with LRT/BRT fully implemented - that's my hunch.

Nice, probably the most intersting highrises in the GTA in a long time- if not ever. Would have really liked to have seen them in dt TO!

Here is a pic from last Friday at Pearson T-3. Quite a robust looking skyline from the airport! Sorry for the quality!

Attachments

• DSCN2824.jpg
    DSCN2824.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 232
I love these buildings. This is what's possible when you hold a truly open design competition and a committee and developer willing to create a landmark.

Absolute #4 is clearly visible from across Lake Ontario... I should really keep my camera in my car, one of these days I'll get some shots.

Back