^Hurontario needs to be narrowed to 2 lanes, with on street parking and bike lanes. Traffic would slow down, more pedestrians would patronize street front retail, and thus generally get to appreciate good architecture like these towers at a slower pace.

Anyone @MCH listening?

2 lanes are you insane???

Traffic is bad enough as it is down here. Please don't make it worse...

Some pictures:
1st photo by Aleksandar Barbu
992f44f5468aa0dc90f53b1929e8.jpg

What, when, and where is this burning???

What, when, and where is this burning???

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/871938--fire-engulfs-cooksville-home

Fire engulfs Cooksville home
Firefighters have been called to a fire that broke out this evening at a new home under construction in the Cooksville area.
Early reports indicate the home located at 167 Premium Way was completely engulfed with extremely high heat. Firefighters said the second floor of the building has partially collapsed due to the flames.
Emergency personnel closed the road in both directions to battle the blaze.
Ashes and embers from the fire drifted out onto the nearby Queen Elizabeth Way, prompting firefighters to call the Ontario Provincial Police to give them a warning.
At last report, it appears firefighters have the fire under control.
Early reports indicate no one was in the home when the fire broke out.
cclay@mississauga.net

This is currently in the design phase over at MAD. Marilyn's eco-cousin on mushrooms...I love it...
____
Name: Urban Forest
Typology: Commercial, Office, Hotel
Site Area: 7,700 sqm
Building Area: 216,000 sqm
Building Height: 385 m
Architectural Design: MAD Ltd
Structural Design: ARUP Group Ltd

UrbanForest_1_urbanforest_Chongqin.jpg

UrbanForest_4_1_modelphotobyFangZhenningsection.jpg

UrbanForest_2.jpg

UrbanForest_6_1.jpg

UrbanForest_8_1_entrance.jpg

meh ... enough is enough ... I'd take Absolute over that mess any day ... I think now a days what is perceived as good modern architecture is anything that's outrageous and invokes that 'it can't be built' feeling - which has merit but other then that I see nothing appealing here at all.

The balcony glass will make or break this building. Have we seen any of this yet or am I just missing it? I hope it is somewhat opaque so as to hide the clutter of most condo balconies.

I really hope that MAD gets to do another project in Toronto.....Fernbrook/Cityzen please make it happen! The Urban Forest won a design competition in China.....and at 385 metres it would be head-exploding in its impact - imagine something like that downtown....:D

Totally agree. It looks like a complete disaster. What's done is done, move on MAD, do something else, create a name for yourselves by doing many different things, not by beating an old drum.

Back