It's funny - I remember when Cube first came to market as N-Blox, it was heralded by many as some sort of 'new dawn' for architecture in Toronto. When it failed (in that form), the Globe ran an article which basically stated that the project wasn't proceeding because people weren't willing to pay that much of a premium for 'architecture.' Now, as one can only assume that this means capital 'A' Architecture, one wonders if now, four or five years down the line, with projects like this nearing completion, we're finally ready for such projects within the city limits, let alone the core...

Go Mississauga.

It's funny - I remember when Cube first came to market as N-Blox, it was heralded by many as some sort of 'new dawn' for architecture in Toronto. When it failed (in that form), the Globe ran an article which basically stated that the project wasn't proceeding because people weren't willing to pay that much of a premium for 'architecture.' Now, as one can only assume that this means capital 'A' Architecture, one wonders if now, four or five years down the line, with projects like this nearing completion, we're finally ready for such projects within the city limits, let alone the core...

Go Mississauga.

Well, if you're going to base your opinion on one Globe and Mail article, then perhaps there's more to it than that. N-Blox was a low-rise infill project without many units and the developer was pushing large, pricey, units for which perhaps there was no market for. Downtown is getting L-Tower by the same developer as Absolute. I think it's the developers who are being conservative. People are already paying huge prices for condos.

Well, if you're going to base your opinion on one Globe and Mail article, then perhaps there's more to it than that. N-Blox was a low-rise infill project without many units and the developer was pushing large, pricey, units for which perhaps there was no market for. Downtown is getting L-Tower by the same developer as Absolute. I think it's the developers who are being conservative. People are already paying huge prices for condos.

+1 here, while I see your point the amount of media attention absolute had throughout the gta for a very extended period of time was the real catalyst in that situation. Also, in all honestly, the cube while different, wasn't anything as spectacular - not just for it's size but the sense of shock Absolute produces.

I think the L tower it Toronto's example and it did sell out extermely quickly ... so that's proof right there these sort of things worked. To be fair though, I think the L tower wasn't priced very high (relatively speaking).

Congratulations to Fernbrook/Cityzen, and to all the people who bought here!

Dear Fernbrook: there's room for sexy downtown too! please bring a MAD-designed building to downtown T.O. as well.....Thank You!

edit:
The supermodel of modern architecture
....nice....

Not sure if you all know but the roof slab was poured last Friday...

They are working on the mechanical roof walls right now...

Last edited:
Not sure if you all know but the roof slab was poured last Friday...

They are working on the mechanical roof walls right now...

Excellent and historic news!

from today...
20101002060.jpg

20101002081.jpg

20101002067.jpg

20101002070.jpg

20101002119.jpg

And a bit of a crappy shot but it's from atop the new Four Seasons. I like that I got the old one into the shot...

Can you spot the Marilyn's???

fd40c9d7.jpg

Last edited:
From the top of the Ritz:

AbWorldP1180999.jpg

AbWorldP1190002.jpg

Back