from today
Chicago Townhouses/SQ1 Drive/Limelight/Sheridan/AB-4&5
20110515025.jpg

20110515016.jpg

20110515017.jpg

20110515011.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just wanted to give a quick update on construction to clear up any confusion - when completed, the glass surrounding the mechanical penthouse will be the same color as the rest of the building, what everyone is seeing now is work in progress.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a quick update on construction to clear up any confusion - when completed, the glass surrounding the mechanical penthouse will be the same color as the rest of the building, what everyone is seeing now is work in progress.

Thanks!

THANK YOU for the much need clarification Cityzen ............ (sigh of relief!!)

Round of applause for Dperador

Hey everyone!!
I just started on urban toronto. I've actually checked out this site for the longest time (2 years approximately) and just now made an account. LOL :p
If I make a blunt or incorrect remark please forgive me. hahah But in reference to the "bottle caps" of the towers, are you sure that they are actually white and not the blue tinted windows with sheet protectors from behind that would be removed?!?!
If you look at the last picture on post #2132, there are 2 condos that have the same "sheet" (if you will) that the bottle caps have. I think I can safely assume that they'll be removed as well. In addition, if you look at the renderings of the project, the windows at the top are the same as the rest of building. :p

I could be wrong but I think the "bottle cap" idea is just temporary.

This has now been confirmed, seems you were the first to accurately call this.

I knew it! Great stuff to hear. Now let's all quote all the people that were wrong :)

That would be too easy, but let's just be satisfied that it's now been confirmed.

Last edited:
Great buildings, however even with a colour change the top is still substandard in my view. I just viewed some pics from the Solaris thread, posted by Solaris, which show a far superior roof element for a round, elliptical, building. I don't think Cityzen, Fernbrook, put enough thought into the top. They'll forever be bottle caps!

Last edited:
All they need is a thin horizontal roof extending outward at the very top. Make it the same width as the balconies, and they'll be good to go.

HA!!! I knew it and called it out first :p

Good thing too; The building's true aesthetic would've been lost in that weird shade... :/

This photo appears to be computer generated; was it from the website for the project?

This appears to be the way the tops of each were planned originally?

absolute_towers_mad160309_52.jpg

Attachments

• absolute_towers_mad160309_52.jpg
    absolute_towers_mad160309_52.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 325

Back