From today:

Absolute_2009-09-03.jpg

Small fire on the roof of #4 last night...

It burned a small hole in one of the ACS panels...

If I find out what happened, I'll post...

Small fire on the roof of #4 last night...

It burned a small hole in one of the ACS panels...

If I find out what happened, I'll post...

Funny, I saw the headline on the Mississauga News website, but they didn't specify what building it was.

Minor blaze near Square One

Mississauga firefighters are at a construction site near Square One investigating a minor blaze.
They responded to a call around 5:30 p.m. to reports of smoke on a roof of a building behind 90 Absolute Ave.
The blaze was extinguished by fire crews shortly after 5:45 p.m.
The cause has yet to be determined.

Sept 14

IMG_sept-14-09-0004.jpg

You can see the floors shifting to the west, but no set back at floor 10 as the rendering shows and now at 18 floor.
IMG_sept-14-09-0006.jpg

IMG_sept-14-09-0007.jpg

Floor 2 should be pour for tower 2 by the end of Sept and will be about 3 months behind the first one for topping off
IMG_sept-14-09-0011.jpg

IMG_sept-14-09-0017.jpg

IMG_sept-14-09-0077.jpg

IMG_sept-14-09-0036.jpg

Taken today at 1:50 pm. Must be on 16th or 17th floor. I'm pleased with the photo as i took it with my iphone and didn't really expect too much.

3926023341_4e62df7b46_b.jpg

Agreed, nice photo. Where were you standing? In the middle of the intersection? Risking life for a UT photo?

Big Daddy said:
Taken today at 1:50 pm. Must be on 16th or 17th floor.
...you mean construction has passed the knee.

vistaway said:
Where were you standing? In the middle of the intersection? Risking life for a UT photo?
Looks like the west side median. I've been caught there once or twice myself.

Agreed, nice photo. Where were you standing? In the middle of the intersection? Risking life for a UT photo?

Believe it or not I stopped in the middle of the intersection to get the shot - I don't recommend it but hey life has its prioroties.

I have one at tower 4 i believe on the 42nd floor.....i was thinking of selling it. What do you guys think? Should I wait or do an assignment now to someone i have that is interested....

Don't shoot me for saying this but isn't putting this tower in Mississauga, like putting "lipstick on a pig". lol Maybe it's just jealousy but I would have prefered this in Toronto. It looks so out of place in Mississauga. It looks like it's going into some kind of suburban wasteland. (well, my idea of suburban hell, anyway)

I want these towers in downtown Toronto! Those curves are looking good! Damn you Mississauga! GRR!!!!

Don't shoot me for saying this, but isn't quoting Sarah Palin a federal offence? I think these things are fine for Mississauga and will hopefully act as a catalyst for good design in the future.

Don't shoot me for saying this but isn't putting this tower in Mississauga, like putting "lipstick on a pig"....

Actually it's "towers" as there is two of them and I live in Mississauga but spend a lot of time in Toronto. Remember what the railway lands looked like before City Place? - we're talking pig. Mississauga is evolving into quite an urban area. There are more than 24 towers proposed or under construction in MCC

- Parkside – Amacon 1: 50s
Amacon 2: 45s
Amacon 3: 45s
Amacon 4: 40s
Amacon 5: 40s
Capital 3: 38s
Solstice 1: 38s
Solstice 2: 38s
-Absolute – 2 towers (plus 3 already built) – 50 and 56 stories
-Ultra Ovation – 1 tower 32 stories (combined with 2 already built)
-Pinnacle International – 11+ towers (4 - 18 Storey Towers
1 - 25 Storey Tower
2 - 32 Storey Towers (Fronting Eglinton Avenue)
3 - 42 Storey Towers (All fronting Hurontario Street)
1 - 50 Storey Tower)
- Plus, plus

It’s starting to look pretty good even befor this new group.

Last edited:
Despite all the towers, the pedestrian experience in Mississagua is terrible. Everytime I'm there I feel like I'm in downtown suburbia. Bloor and Royal York feels far more urban.

Back