It looks very cool and looks like some high quality materials. Even the “spandrel” panels look great. Interesting tint too. Everything works well together.

Oct 7, 2019

fullsizeoutput_2fe1.jpeg

DSC03360.JPG

DSC03362.JPG

DSC03363.JPG

DSC03366.JPG

DSC03369.JPG

Looking at the rendering it would have been nice to see this building as a skyscraper or even a super tall! Because of its red brick and brown and red tone spandrel.

Looking at the rendering it would have been nice to see this building as a skyscraper or even a super tall! Because of its red brick and brown and red tone spandrel.
No it wouldn't. Not everything needs to be a thousand feet tall. This frames the park wonderfully and will be a great addition to the area.

Between this, Waterworks, and the new park, I'm really looking forward to what this little section of the city become in 2-3 years.

No it wouldn't. Not everything needs to be a thousand feet tall. This frames the park wonderfully and will be a great addition to the area.

Between this, Waterworks, and the new park, I'm really looking forward to what this little section of the city become in 2-3 years.
I agree it's a breath of fresh air, it's very nice and fits great in this area.....hey if you want a 1000 footer take it to a 1000 foot area

I assume @cd concept means use this look for a tall in an area open to tall. I'd certainly love to see a tower like this somewhere instead of more glass.

In any case it will be a radical departure from the typical projects by Shim-Sutcliffe - I think this is their tallest project to date.

AoD

I'm guessing they needed the tower crane to hoist the precast panels in place. Not exactly ideal for a 50 year old supertall.

Yeesh - this looks dated already. I don't hate it, but I expected more from them - but maybe I shouldn't?

I can't help but see the similarities here with 422 King St. W.: 422 King St..JPG

I don't see it. It needs the brise soleils in the rendering with the watered down brickwork. I hope they haven't been cut.

Back