Pics taken Apr 1, 2019

I love that the arches continue all the way along the ground floor (I thought there was just the one above the entrance). I'm looking forward to seeing the architectural treatment of that interior space -- has potential to be really dramatic.

I love that the arches continue all the way along the ground floor (I thought there was just the one above the entrance). I'm looking forward to seeing the architectural treatment of that interior space -- has potential to be really dramatic.

The arches will create an especially dramatic effect given the double-height restaurant space slated for a portion of the ground floor, per the architectural plans

The arches will create an especially dramatic effect given the double-height restaurant space slated for a portion of the ground floor, per the architectural plans

I kept on imagining that space will feel a little like the Line 11 Arts et Métiers station on the Paris Métro

AoD

I wouldn't deem it brutalist - brutalism was all about rawness and exposure. This project has a very high level of finish, even where it has exposed surfaces. (Interestingly, the term brutalism originally had nothing to do with concrete.) But I'm probably splitting hairs.

Is there an estimated opening date for the hotel? Which brand is the hotel going to be operating as?

I wouldn't deem it brutalist - brutalism was all about rawness and exposure. This project has a very high level of finish, even where it has exposed surfaces. (Interestingly, the term brutalism originally had nothing to do with concrete.) But I'm probably splitting hairs.

Is there an estimated opening date for the hotel? Which brand is the hotel going to be operating as?

Unless things have changed - I thought it is going to be an Ace Hotel.

AoD

Back