News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For sure, and a proper fitting booster seat or car seat goes a long way towards a child's comfort. At three in a car seat, it means either the boy is small for his age (still under 18kg) or he's squeezing in and the straps bind. I don't have kids myself, but I come from a big family. Having been in an accident (passenger, rear-ended, in the UK) with a child not in a carseat and I'd repeatedly told his mother about the dangers, but bit my tongue for family sake, it just makes me want to smack parents and make them realize how fragile and precious a gift they have. If that means when you can't afford to buy a new booster seat that your son is uncomfortable a bit, isn't that worth his life?It only takes one time.

I'll listen to anyone's point of view on any topic, but there are a rare few that I have an emotional attachment with that won't sway. This is one of them. I'm sorry if I come off too strong, but IMHO a good parent looks after their child to the best of their ability.

I see this service is in The Star's Travel section today

Nice and congratulations! Good for you for getting this service going.

I personally don't own a car, and love camping and the outdoors. I've only been to Algonquin twice and each time I had a blast.

This is definitely something I'll be letting people know about. Again, kudos to you guys for going through with this brilliant idea!

Wow, did not expect so many replies - thanks for all the messages of support and for constructive criticism as well!! We had a pretty good pilot this season with several Parkbus weekends (if someone is interested, check our gallery) We have a concluding fall colours trip next weekend, but I think that we have shown that the concept works well, and we are ready to expand this thing to a regular service next season.. we'll probably end up doing a pilot to another park next season as well, and one weekend to Algonquin to Ottawa. If anyone has ideas about particular destinations, let us know!
Oh, and media was definitely extremely helpful indeed, with Toronto Star, Sun, CBC and several other publications covering us.

Back