On a separate note, I'm incredibly tired of marketing plans shrinking living room and dining room furniture to basically half of its actual size. It's ridiculous, almost comical looking..
These ones aren't the worst I've seen. If you want to see straight-up criminally misleading furniture shrinkage, check out the marketing docs for the King Highline. When the sales rep showed them to me it took everything in me to not go full Zoolander on her and say "What is this, a bedroom for ants??"

These ones aren't the worst I've seen. If you want to see straight-up criminally misleading furniture shrinkage, check out the marketing docs for the King Highline. When the sales rep showed them to me it took everything in me to not go full Zoolander on her and say "What is this, a bedroom for ants??"
Oh my, you weren't kidding. The "queen bed" is basically the size of the tub..

On a separate note, I'm incredibly tired of marketing plans shrinking living room and dining room furniture to basically half of its actual size. It's ridiculous, almost comical looking..
I don't know... over 35 feet by almost 14 feet feels pretty big for a living room and dining room....

From Tridel live construction camera 'Today at 10:24 am:

aq11.png

I don't know... over 35 feet by almost 14 feet feels pretty big for a living room and dining room....
Absolutely, it is bigger than typical. And the shrinkage isn't as substantial in this floor plan as it may be in others out there, but it's there. If you do the true test of taking multiple floor plans from different buildings, redrawing them in CAD per their noted dimensions and placing average sized furniture within (as I had to do back in thesis prep research), you'll see the unfortunate trend.

Absolutely, it is bigger than typical. And the shrinkage isn't as substantial in this floor plan as it may be in others out there, but it's there. If you do the true test of taking multiple floor plans from different buildings, redrawing them in CAD per their noted dimensions and placing average sized furniture within (as I had to do back in thesis prep research), you'll see the unfortunate trend.
100%, totally agree with you on the overall trend, but I don't see that here for this 2,226 sq ft unit.

Back