EAA927C2-769D-47AD-BC4F-41D7B58165FC.jpeg
72C0EACE-82DF-4331-AFA0-0B9F6DB9E22C.jpeg
843073B4-C449-4110-B13D-26D04520AAED.jpeg

The details in this project look a lot more complicated than I imagined they would be. This isn't a straight forward ziggurat by any stretch.

Balcony glass!!

This one will probably be a solid B- for me. Looks decent and good materials but the long glass wall against the water sucks, there's nothing that striking about the building and it's clunky. At least it's not grey.

Also the road between the water, these two buildings and the park is wildly inaccessible, no curb cuts for almost the entire stretch. I was hard for me to drop when on my bike I can't imagine an old person or child stepping down.

IMG_1517.jpeg

Also the road between the water, these two buildings and the park is wildly inaccessible, no curb cuts for almost the entire stretch. I was hard for me to drop when on my bike I can't imagine an old person or child stepping down.

I have no idea why they did this. There is no curb cut *in front of the playground" in the park there. It's not like anyone would want to access a playground while pushing a stroller or anything like that.

I have no idea why they did this. There is no curb cut *in front of the playground" in the park there. It's not like anyone would want to access a playground while pushing a stroller or anything like that.

Total unforced error, and quite unfortunate. I called out Waterfront Toronto on this a while ago and they gave me a smarmy and nonsensical answer.

Balcony glass!!

This one will probably be a solid B- for me. Looks decent and good materials but the long glass wall against the water sucks, there's nothing that striking about the building and it's clunky. At least it's not grey.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the balcony wrappers/dividers are applied and the overall framework for the structure is added before judging this one. We also have the balcony gardens that have to be added (likely the last step). There's still a ton of work that needs to happen before the form is realized. I heard move in dates won't start until spring 2021 at the earliest.

Back