I wouldn't be that envious. Nice looking project and the future looks bright but the area has a long way to go before anyone's envious of its residents. There is nothing around there. Wanna run to the corner store to grab something? Not here. Bite to eat? Where? In the winter it will be a giant wind tunnel. Transit in the area is no-existent and will be that way for a long while.

I was merely talking about the view. All that other stuff is an entirely different conversation. The fact that there is really nothing around in the immediate area is what actually drew me to it in the first place. Sucks about the transit though. But I also have a unit at Ten York that I won't be making my residence specifically because there's too much going on in that area. I work downtown and cannot wait to get out there at the end of the day.

On the plus side...you'll have an excuse to have a car. (There are those who like cars for cars...and living downtown really puts a damper on it as a wasteful expense)

And if you like cars, the DVP access is nice. The view will be quite something, and the neighbourhood will only get better.

The deprivations of being a new resident in the East Bayfront are being exaggerated. Each of the buildings going up contains space for retailers, (Monde and Daniels Waterfront included, not just the Tridel buildings), and of course they won't all be open from day one, but a giant Loblaws is immediately west of Daniels Waterfront, so what's the issue? It would just be a short walk or super short bike ride from Loblaws to any of these condos.

In terms of getting to places of employment, in good weather it's a healthy walk to the core or a short one to King East, or pretty quick bike rides to either. In bad weather, both the Bay bus and Sherbourne bus come as close as Sherbourne and Queens Quay.

So like I said, what's the issue?

Today's update....

Aqualina.1.jpg
Aqualina.2.jpg
Aqualina.3.jpg
Aqualina.4.jpg
Aqualina.5.jpg
Aqualina.6.jpg
Aqualina.7.jpg

Attachments

• Aqualina.1.jpg
    Aqualina.1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,072
  • Aqualina.2.jpg
    Aqualina.2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,094
  • Aqualina.3.jpg
    Aqualina.3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,132
  • Aqualina.4.jpg
    Aqualina.4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,104
  • Aqualina.5.jpg
    Aqualina.5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,118
  • Aqualina.6.jpg
    Aqualina.6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,090
  • Aqualina.7.jpg
    Aqualina.7.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,074
You know it's a great design when even the concrete shell looks interesting. But Tridel needs to bring high quality cladding to this project and not cut corners; otherwise, it will be a mediocre or ugly building at a highly visible location. 300 Front Street by Tridel, for instance, is a bad building in terms of architecture because of the ugly cladding.

You know it's a great design when even the concrete shell looks interesting. But Tridel needs to bring high quality cladding to this project and not cut corners; otherwise, it will be a mediocre or ugly building at a highly visible location. 300 Front Street by Tridel, for instance, is a bad building in terms of architecture because of the ugly cladding.

I won't hold my breath. This is looking like the same ole Tridel spandrel that we've grown to love.

Back