News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A shame to see those go. I absolutely love the look of townhouses from the the 60's and 70's. The golden age of North York.

Really want to find a "cheap" house?

Just look for white (cement) brick (1st two of the last three pics) which may or may not c/w metal/plastic/wood siding.

Happy Birthday!

Regards,
J T

I don't know why, thedeepend, but your .gif images seem to download very slowly.

Is that a characteristic of .gif images?

I don't know why, thedeepend, but your .gif images seem to download very slowly.

Is that a characteristic of .gif images?

no, i'd say they are meant to do the opposite of downloading slowly.

not that i know much about it, but i don't know why they would download slower than a jpg.

they are fairly big files but it seems like it would be more of a speed/connection issue, but i could be wrong about that.

is your computer a newish one?

Not a new computer, it's just that previous .jpegs seem to download faster.
Perhaps your recent pix (Don Valley Village) are just large files.

The first image on this page is 2MB in size while many images on this and other strings are less that 500KB.

Not a problem - I'll just have to become more patient.

Not a new computer, it's just that previous .jpegs seem to download faster.
Perhaps your recent pix (Don Valley Village) are just large files.

The first image on this page is 2MB in size while many images on this and other strings are less that 500KB.

Not a problem - I'll just have to become more patient.

oh wow, 2mb is pretty big. i'll try saving them at a slightly smaller dpi before i convert them to gif,

The apartment and townhouse complex along Four Winds Drive, in North York, is of this vintage and remarkably still intact from the way it appeared when I grew up there.

f0217_s0249_fl0133_it0014.jpg

f0217_s0249_fl0133_it0012.jpg

And a then and now?
f0217_s0249_fl0133_it0005.jpg

DSC07189_zps6b63e12a.gif~original

Last edited:
And a then and now?
f0217_s0249_fl0133_it0005.jpg

thank you Anna! thats amazing. it is so interesting to see how wide open and airy this development was when it first opened. its very verdant and lush now, and the pool feels very nestled inside of a natural landscape.

Surprised me too - I was looking for the first photo, which shows the complex that is currently being demolished being built(?) and in the same group I found those other photos. I didn't realize 'til after I posted them that it's the same pool.

Where is that pool? I was trying to figure out where it is in relation to the townhouses at the sw corner of Don Mills and Sheppard.

Back