Just a recap here. Nothing has changed as far as permits go and they won't be building anything until they get them.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 196702 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Aug 25, 2008

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty commercial building with 6 levels of underground parking. (Future location of 75 sty condo). 382, 388, 400 Yonge St.

PP Zoning Review Mar 9, 2009 Open
Plan Examination Facciolo, Tony Contact Info
PP Code Review Sep 25, 2008 Open
Plan Examination Chiu, Richard Contact Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building Application Status

Application: New Building Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 08 196702 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Aug 25, 2008

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 4 sty commercial building with 6 levels of underground parking. (Future location of 75 sty condo). 382, 388, 400 Yonge St.

Still waiting for a permit,:confused:....Here is a building proposed in May of 2006 and at present is 90% sold..... 3-1/2 years later, that's Ludichrist.:rolleyes:

What annoys me about this, and the Sig tower at Cityplace, is that for both projects the standard bulk of the buildings went up while the showpiece towers with the height and promising designs are stalled. My biggest fear is being cheated. In this case we'll be stuck with the horrendous RoCP 1 and 2, and as a 'salt on the wound' encore, a moderately better but still crappy phase 3 building that reneges on its original promises.

This had better go up with the height and design as promised, because we get burned far too often around here.

Last edited:
LOL... just discovered this thread :D

Sorry if this might have been asked before (undoubtably) but anyone know when construction is starting and why it's taking SOOO long? :confused:

I was reading earlier posts and people were saying stuff about the podium... But my question is regarding general groundbreaking or digging...

And here's a (super glare shot) of the Aura model taken from the window
***I was inside when it first opened but didn't bring my camera that day... (the people there thought I was nuts.... i had to pretend i was interested in buying a suite :haha: ).... My grandma actually reserved a south-facing 1 bedroom suite around the 25th floor as an investment or somethin but the money down was RIDICULOUS!!!.. she backed out

Most South facing suites of Aura below the 20th floor are blocked out by the Delta Chelsea...

4083414492_bd58e62407_b.jpg

***I know there are better shots of the model but i thought i should contribute at least something :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hope this project gets built. I really feel it is the most important downtown project in terms of filling in a place that needs more attention. It can revitalize the middle of the downtown Yonge corridor, and set a precedent for the built form down there for the next generation.

100% agreed ^^^^^

Aura WILL balance the skyline out away from the CBD... It will also liven Yonge Street!!!.. It will be the centre piece of the Bay/College skyline!

Huge project.... huge impact :D

WOW drum!!! SWEEET shots :D

The skyline is getting very balanced now!... Notice how HUGE the Yorkville skyline is getting!!!!!.... Aura will balance out the mid section of the skyline!

1 bloor would have balanced it out even more :(

You are one of the top contributors to UT... respect bro ;)

Yorkville actually looks puny. The two Bloors appear quite a bit shorter than St Jamestown in the foreground or X in between.

Yorkville actually looks puny. The two Bloors appear quite a bit shorter than St Jamestown in the foreground or X in between.
I have ordered a unit in AURA. Earlier, someone had sent me construction permit application filed by Canderel. Digging is supposed to start in May 2010 -- unless it is delayed again.

Digging is supposed to start in May 2010 -- unless it is delayed again.

Congrats on your Aura purchase!... It is destined to be a worthy investment!

Darn... what ever happened to that 2009 groundbreaking... projects these days are unpredictable...

It should be starting at the same time as U Condos...

*Unless it is delayed again!

Congrats on your Aura purchase!... It is destined to be a worthy investment!

Darn... what ever happened to that 2009 groundbreaking... projects these days are unpredictable...

It should be starting at the same time as U Condos...

*Unless it is delayed again!

Thanks for the congratulations. I have no complaint about delayed start of the construction -- as long as it does proceed.

I currently own 830 sq ft unit in phase 1. It went on sale in April/May 2001. I signed for the unit in November 2001. Delivery of the unit was promised for April 2004. However, construction did not start till February 2004 and unit possession was given on July 31, 2006. I was able to save some extra money and make a hefty down payment.

In those days, there were no line ups. There was hardly a soul in the sales office other than sales persons. No VIP invitations. No fish market atmostphere. I took about 2 weeks to make a decision. Sales agent was quite eager to accept even a conditional offer. Of course, I did not make a conditional offer. Just a straight offer.

Yes. Those were the days. Believe me.

Back