I would be a little dissapointed if construction was delayed...

The more time you have with your unit the better... You want to get the most bang out of your buck!

*Yes... There were those days...

what has this earth come to!... lol...

We have riots nowadays...

Aura

I would be a little dissapointed if construction was delayed...

The more time you have with your unit the better... You want to get the most bang out of your buck!

*Yes... There were those days...

what has this earth come to!... lol...

We have riots nowadays...

By the way, I forgot to mention a point.

Under the purchase agreement that I have signed, Canderel has till September 2011 to decide whether or not to start of the construction of AURA. At their discretion, they can delay start of construction for 1 more year.

Further, start of the construction does not mean that Canderel has decided to proceed with the project. Construction will be deemed to have started only when the project reaches level 1. And I have been promised delivery of
condo on June 23, 2012.

Amen.

Uh Oh :eek:

It's never a good sign to know that the Canderel says they have until 2011 to start... It's not really constructive and freaks me out to hear that it could take that long!...

Let's pray it doesn't go down that road...

Amen

If they add the extra 10 floors i think i can deal with an extra 1 year.But if there not adding floors i really hope there is no more delays.

I would also be willing to wait for an extra 10 stories!.. but it's unlikely...

Here's what I think:

Digging hole/reaching ground level: 1 1/2 years

Pouring ground level floors/podium: 1/2 year

The rest:year and a half...

So in total about 3 - 3 1/2 years...

My guess... the summer/fall of 2013...

Ka1

What annoys me about this, and the Sig tower at Cityplace, is that for both projects the standard bulk of the buildings went up while the showpiece towers with the height and promising designs are stalled. My biggest fear is being cheated. In this case we'll be stuck with the horrendous RoCP 1 and 2, and as a 'salt on the wound' encore, a moderately better but still crappy phase 3 building that reneges on its original promises.

This had better go up with the height and design as promised, because we get burned far too often around here.

I am a relatively new member of the forum and an infrequent visitor. Most of the discussions seem to be around the design of building, floor plans and sq ft price. Only here and there I have come across discussions about the 'social' aspects of condo living -- specifically, downtown living; for example, getting in and out by car from various condos on Bremmar Blvd, extreme noise around Rogers Stadium, getting on to 401 from Yonge & Finch area.

With so many condos already built and occupied in downtown area, and more and more coming, what happens, if , heavens forbid, someone has to go to hospital emergency department. Toronto General Hospital is already overcrowded. Once I had to wait, with excruciating pain, for 5 hours to get medical attention. While I was waiting, a middle aged couple, after having waited for 7 hours, left without the lady getting medical attention because staff was busy looking after other serious cases and could not even estimate as to when her turn will come.

If you are young and planning to start a family, do you move to suburbs or raise a family in a 600/700 sq ft condo? I do not know of any schools that could serve the residents of CityPlace and from around Rogers Centre area.

Sometime ago, I had read an article in Toronto Star about the St. Lawrence area where a few residents got together and send flyers to various buildings nearby asking for residents willing to receive kids for Haloween night.

I would like to see an area set up -- that goes across various forums/buildings -- where social apsects of condo life, after all the residents, could be discussed. Any takers?

Unless the recession caused them to shelve their plans.....the new Metro under Aura should be able to be a far more pleasant experience and allow for better competition with the new Loblaws.

Am I to understand that Metro will be shifting from its present location to under the AURA and, perhaps, a bigger size? Will appreciate clarification.

Am I to understand that Metro will be shifting from its present location to under the AURA and, perhaps, a bigger size? Will appreciate clarification.

First time I think I've heard mention of that.

The retail floor plan for Aura doesn't show a space for Metro although it does have a fairly large space at the north-east corner of the project labeled "proposed future development", so who knows.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Ka1

First time I think I've heard mention of that.

The retail floor plan for Aura doesn't show a space for Metro although it does have a fairly large space at the north-east corner of the project labeled "proposed future development", so who knows.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks.

For a 30 second video presentation of as to how the retail at AURA will look like, please, go to retailataura.com

A general question.

In March 2008, when Canderel first offered condos to "VIP" brokers, selling price was $ 500.00 sq. ft. Encouraged by the good response Canderel increased price, I was told, by 15%. 3 weeks later, Canderel had offered condos to "VIP" customers like myself at $ 575.00 sq. ft. Current selling price -- for both existing and new condos -- is now way higher than this amount. Could Canderel cancel the project and a little later again start selling condos at current higher prices? Under the standard purchase agreement that I have signed, Canderel has till september 30, 2011 to decide to start construction or cancel the agreement. Any speculations?

Current selling price -- for both existing and new condos -- is now way higher than this amount. Could Canderel cancel the project and a little later again start selling condos at current higher prices? Under the standard purchase agreement that I have signed, Canderel has till september 30, 2011 to decide to start construction or cancel the agreement. Any speculations?

This should be on the Aura thread, but anyways I say... they will build it and buy one of the other Yonge street corners and market tower 4 at todays prices.

[

This should be on the Aura thread, but anyways I say... they will build it and buy one of the other Yonge street corners and market tower 4 at todays prices.

We'd be better off if they packed up and left town regardless of how Aura turns out. Let someone else with a much better track record complete the dream.

I'm thinking of a whole bunch of firms; possibly even one or two of the five you know. Canderel's architectural aesthetics so far are pretty friggin' crappy. I am curious why you're rolling your eyes at GG? Please don't say it's about One Bloor. A. We haven't even seen the lastest design. B. Varacalli's design was gimmicky and yet extremely ordinary for such a prominent spire in the skyline.

Back