I have a really really bad feeling about the 'mini' stores ... the larger big box retail will do well.

But 170+ mini stores ... that is going to be an absolute disaster - mark my words i.e. they'll likely be 100% leased before this project is completed ... but 1 year / 60 months after ... most will be empty. ...

These will be individually owned condo units and will include, among others, food court and professional suites.

If the mini stores don't work out there's always the possibility that they'll be joined into larger units.

I think the viability of a mini-mall at that intersection is still up in the air tho. I'm sure someone somewhere has done market analysis on it, but it feels like there's just so many variables. If they do end up punching PATH connections through to the Delta Chelsea and Ryerson I think it'll do well just on the foot traffic of people getting to/from the subway. And College Park seems to have enough traffic for most of the stores to do alright, so hopefully this just adds to the critical mass.

That could be the key i.e. the fact that there are 170+ stores might save it ... can you believe that many of the food outlets on the bottom floor of Yonge Dundas Square (i.e. the subway level) are for lease!

I think this really tells a lot ... foot traffic isn't the only factor ... there is a ton of foot traffic there. I think all the argument about the TTC building shops and what not - in many ways this and a few other example show they won't necessarily work

I'm sure someone somewhere has done market analysis on it, but it feels like there's just so many variables. If they do end up punching PATH connections ...

There will be provision in the construction for knock-out panels for extending PATH system West to somewhere near to the bus terminal, to the East just shy of Yonge street, South along Yonge street to Dundas Square and then to Eaton Centre.

That should bring in pedestrian traffic.

Last edited:
While at the site today I had a long talk with a senior member of the construction team and gleaned the following tidbits of info. They are scheduled to reach ground level in 5 to 6 months on the east side of the ramp. The west side of the ramp depicted in image #1 is woefully behind schedule. Target date for the third crane is Dec. 1. The whole project is scheduled for completion in 2014....

Thanks for the updated info! If the prediction for 2014 is when the building will be occupancy-ready, then the project would have been delayed 3 years from their tentative occupancy date of October 2011?! Though I wouldn't be surprised given the delay in starting construction, and the magnitude of the building.

Here are some night shots but unfortunately I did not have my tripod with me.

5128887484_702b14a0ef_b.jpg

5128278959_bd20e30c72.jpg
5128276293_af9f4d0633.jpg

5128272977_888908e7df_b.jpg

Damn I'm a bit envious. Just how close to the top will you be?
Would of bought here too, but didn't like the travel time to work.

59th floor out of total 75 floors.

Penthouse on 75th floor is still available, in case you are interested in. It is only $ 17.5 millions

Last edited:
Were there any plans with this project to have a subway entrance at the southern end of college station?

That main entrance is extremely busy, especially at rush hour.... With the added pedestrian traffic, once this is complete,d it's sure to get worse.

Back