Stupid question...

What happens to all the snow that builds up throughout the winter? Do they melt it, shovel it, push it off a 30 storey edge onto the street below?

Stupid question...

What happens to all the snow that builds up throughout the winter? Do they melt it, shovel it, push it off a 30 storey edge onto the street below?

...It's a good question actually, I've been wondering about that myself every winter, and haven't yet had a chance to see first hand how construction workers deal with a major snowstorm pileup. Does anyone know?

It depends. Sometimes (more on a steel building) you'll grab a tiger torch and just melt it off, sometimes you'll use a compressor and blow it off, and other times some idiot labourer will push it over the side and onto whoever is working below. It's only really an issue for the forming deck, everyone below can just shovel the little that lands on lower floors to the side

aurajan14a.jpg

aurajan14b.jpg

aurajan14c.jpg

aurajan14d.jpg

Amazing photos as always, androiduk. This thing is really flying up... surely one of the fastest-moving projects especially for something this size, no?

I think that can be contributed to the contractor who I had the past pleasure of working with on a number of projects in the Montreal and Ottawa areas.

I love how they have been able to construct the ramp and keep deliveries to College Park happening throughout construction. That and (from reading on UT) the ramp will permanently remain there unlike at MLS where the ramp that was constructed was later demolished IIRC.

Back