if ROCP 1 is any indication, it's going to look meh, but the rending is giving me hope because it looks pretty wicked there...hope they use quality materials to make the glass at the top look good

Re: RoCP 3 Update

How about ripping up the park and building another condo. Now that's indensification. We could call it "Tower on the park.":p

It probably wouldn't be "College PARK" anymore then

Front Street really isn't a front street anymore either.

PATH in RoCPIII

Some updates:

City wants sidewalks to be kept very wide on both Yonge and Gerrard frontages. A Collenade is proposed on the Gerrard side. The median in the centre of Yonge will not be extended, any extra space will be dedicated to wider sidewalks.

Also a PATH connection with underground retail space is likely. City wants to eventually connect the College Park PATH to the PATH at Atrium on Bay. Underground connection will likely run through RoCPIII with public access and escalators at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard in the first level of the podium. The Delta Chelsea hotel is interested in connecting to the PATH under Gerrard which would bring the College Park underground only a block away. A knockout panel for a future connection under Yonge St. to Ryerson will also likely be provided.

Re: PATH in RoCPIII

Yippeee... ( can u imagine if the PATH could reach yorkville..that would be crazy)

Also a PATH connection with underground retail space is likely. City wants to eventually connect the College Park PATH to the PATH at Atrium on Bay.

Good news.

A knockout panel for a future connection under Yonge St. to Ryerson will also likely be provided.

I wonder why there is no connection or knock-out to Ryerson in Metropolis. That would be the easiest way to connect Atrium with Delta/College Park.

Also a PATH connection with underground retail space is likely.

I've often thought of PATH being connected up to College Park but never really believed it could ever become a reality. That stretch of Yonge St. is a pretty long walk in the grips of winter. Very exciting news.

That's crazy, so once connected the PATH will run 1.8km from front street up to College street (along a straight line).

I would think its quite impossible to connect PATH from college to the furtherst bloor area PATH south, which would, if I'm not mistaken, the manulife center/or mbanks. Any suggestions on how this will happen?

roch, it is more tantilizing close than you might imagine. The Publications Ontario building is linked underground to the Queens Park Complex, which is linked through a meandering trail over to the Queens Park Station. That, if connected to College Park, would bring us to Wellesley.

The fly in that ointment is that the tunnels, which used to be public, are now restricted (I think) to government employees.

I really hope this PATH extension takes place! Although for it to take place, won't the City have to approve ROCP3?

Interesting idea: have the PATH tunnel built alongside the Yonge subway tunnel. The subway would be separated from the PATH tunnel by a glass wall. PATH users can look into the subway tunnel, and subway passengers passing by can look into PATH.

...and then one day those new PATH tunnels can have track laid for Yonge line express services. :lol

Back