we already have more than half as many pages as Trump, and we're not even close to seeing the podium finished. Absolutely, this could very well be our biggest thread when all is said and done!!:D

Hey, here's a render of the podium I had never seen before. It is looking South down Yonge from Hayter St and best matches this view by androiduk:

auraj23.jpg

(Image courtesy androiduk in this thread found here: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...f-College-Park-III-(Canderel-75s-G-C)/page240 )

Sorry for the crappy quality, I blew it up from a very small original.

i love how blown up the open space in between the College Park building and Aura is, it looks huge in that render!...

And i don't see where those 2 large concrete blocks/walls at the current north-east end of the site fit in the render,.... the render shows glass with interiors,

Hey, here's a render of the podium I had never seen before. It is looking South down Yonge from Hayter St and best matches this view by androiduk:

<image snipped>

Sorry for the crappy quality, I blew it up from a very small original.

<image snipped>

There's a high quality version of that rendering in the dataBase entry for Aura. Surely you've gone all through the gorgeous new dataBase…

There's a high quality version of that rendering in the dataBase entry for Aura. Surely you've gone all through the gorgeous new dataBase…

Silly me... I love your new Database and use it all the time, but failed to do this for Aura. D'Oh!

Slightly off topic, but... Has anyone else noticed that the hoarding has attracted a lot of riff-raff into College Park (the park itself)? The reduced visibility seems to be appealing to a lot pot smokers and idling posses of friends yelling and throwing garbage on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong and it was always like that, but I've only noticed it in the past few weeks cutting through there in the evening.

I know what kind of attitude you think you're responding to -- that's not me. But thanks for the sarcasm. Great link too, nice meme. Hasn't gotten old at all. I've got one for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2X1o0FGA0

No one's getting shot or stabbed there, but have a wander through on a balmy night; it's a bit of a pseudo-ghetto petri dish.

Slightly off topic, but... Has anyone else noticed that the hoarding has attracted a lot of riff-raff into College Park (the park itself)? The reduced visibility seems to be appealing to a lot pot smokers and idling posses of friends yelling and throwing garbage on the ground. Maybe I'm wrong and it was always like that, but I've only noticed it in the past few weeks cutting through there in the evening.

In the dozen or so times I've been there over the last several years I can attest that it always has been like that.

Yeah, the park has always been scuzzy. Lots of homeless sleeping on the benches and under trees. Mind you, I've never found it unsafe, just scuzzy.

In the dozen or so times I've been there over the last several years I can attest that it always has been like that.

I understand it's not the best place to be at night so I don't go but by day it can get a very mixed crowd and the smell of pot waffling through the air isn't uncommon.

I know what kind of attitude you think you're responding to -- that's not me. But thanks for the sarcasm. Great link too, nice meme. Hasn't gotten old at all. I've got one for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2X1o0FGA0

No one's getting shot or stabbed there, but have a wander through on a balmy night; it's a bit of a pseudo-ghetto petri dish.

Discounting someone's comment because you think it isn't cool enough? Weird.

At first, I was annoyed because you Fordishly classified pot-smokers as "riff-raff." But I have now realized you were just discreetly giving us the heads-up about potential 420 hook-ups. Sorry! My bad. Thanks for the tip!

Back