Another shot

7787483804_e8600a1a9f_b.jpg

If something was built above the beautiful building already existing on the n/w corner here--wasn't there talk of that?--it'd add some nice symmetry with Aura here.

pretty funny how Aura really dumbs everything down Yonge street to the south of it up to Dundas, from what already was really low lying, Aura owns. it's awesome.

Passing by, I noticed that a BMO is going in. Just what we need - another bank! That really jazzes up the street life of Yonge, particularly on a weekend. You'd think that with ATMs and debit machines being omnipresent, people wouldn't need banks anymore. Is their popularity because everyone's going into debt to buy condos?

^ This was mentioned by someone a long time ago (apparently with inside info) and everyone said they must be wrong because there is already a BMO in the base of RoCP. I wonder if they'll keep the old one open. Seems pretty dumb to have two within 50 metres of each other.

Yeah, just what Yonge Street needs, another damned bank. Nothing kills a street's animation like a bank, Money Mart or car dealership.

the pool/ fountain needs a sculpture and the bottom of it needs a white or reflective paint job.
and perhaps some gardens made of a nice wood bordering.
just my oppinion.

the pool/ fountain needs a sculpture and the bottom of it needs a white or reflective paint job.
and perhaps some gardens made of a nice wood bordering.
just my oppinion.

Very true, the pool/fountain need some more design. I put College Park in quotes for that very reason. It is a public park, perhaps the many new Condo residents surrounding it can be involved in the future to make it even better.

Yeah, just what Yonge Street needs, another damned bank. Nothing kills a street's animation like a bank, Money Mart or car dealership.

lol. ya, banks can be convenient for residents/locals, but it's a shame when so many new condo's with retail podiums just end up having banks at their base. (ex. One Bedford, ) just sorta kills the life below the building, especially when those banks are facing major streets. oh well..

lol. ya, banks can be convenient for residents/locals, but it's a shame when so many new condo's with retail podiums just end up having banks at their base. (ex. One Bedford, ) just sorta kills the life below the building, especially when those banks are facing major streets. oh well..

Streetcar development hasn't ruined King East enough by putting car dealerships in their condo retail spaces, so now in their last condo, near River Street, they have decided to put not only a car dealership but also a bank. Thanks for ruining Corktown, Streetcar. What a way to animate a street! :-(

Banks don't kill street life. They are a necessary part of the mix, and they serve plenty of people who walk through the area in addition to serving residents of the area. There are plenty worse alternatives to having a bank branch at street level.

Back