"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time!"

How's it supposed to look like?? Any renderings?

There are renderings further back somewhere in this thread, I can't find any in my local folder. The entrance to the park off Yonge will be tree lined and have a series of arches (not sure if it's an art feature or not) which I believe is to pull from the re-purposed Church arch across the street where McGill St. used to meet Yonge.

For the lazy:
aura_full_rendered_3_views.jpg

LOVE the 4th floor roof-top deck with most of the city between Aura & the CN tower missing, after the great earthquake, I guess.

I agree. It's gonna look really depressing 80% of the year, when trees don't have leaves :(
As opposed to looking depressing and dusty year-round? Never thought I'd see a desire for LESS trees downtown.

Even in winter, the tendency these days is to wrap trees in nice festive lights.

As opposed to looking depressing and dusty year-round? Never thought I'd see a desire for LESS trees downtown.

Even in winter, the tendency these days is to wrap trees in nice festive lights.

A vehement +1. There have been some strange comments on this forum as of late, I'm going to chalk it up to the recent full moon.

A vehement +1. There have been some strange comments on this forum as of late, I'm going to chalk it up to the recent full moon.

It takes all sorts. Anti-tree sentiment was at one point a characteristic of "progress" minded urbanites, where freeways and powerlines were visions of our future. When it comes to urban trees, I'm in the camp of "let choirs sing well or not at all." Miserable sidewalk trees are depressing - let's hope the Aura trees live up to the render.

Point taken, but I think it's hard to screw up trees (especially once they've had some time to mature). I think for one to condemn the presence of trees in our downtown because occasionally some are "miserable", which is obviously subjective, is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Not directed at you College Park, just my response to the line of thought you point out.

Edit: Besides, these trees (mostly between Aura and College Park Shops, but there are a few along Yonge) are essentially providing an extension to a park. While I like the continuous store front that the majority of Yonge provides, I think this link while definitely improve the pedestrian experience along this stretch. Will likely also increase the utilization of College Park, which is a plus.

Last edited:
This seems like quite a jump in floor height. More than just one foot. Does anyone remember the floor which it changes and from how high to how much higher? If you look closely, the floor heights vary from floor to floor from here up. It's like they go: 8 feet, 10 feet, 9 feet, 9 feet and then 10 for the last few.... Weird.

BSDwx.jpg

(From the Aura webcam found here: http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/webcam.html )

Last edited:

Back