Just to confirm, what floor are they at right now? Should they not have started that curtain wall by now?

They're currently working on the 41st level.

The western curve starts on the 49th floor (48th level) and the eastern side starts on the 59th floor (58th level). We'll probably see the western curve in early January.

From person to person there are differing degrees of visual literacy. Some people will look at the photographs and instantly see the varying floor heights, clad or not, while others will have to search for them. Those who have to search for them are not likely to care. Those who see them instantly can decide whether to care or not, without being told what to think by others.

While I agree with some points here, I also question how many of the "visually literate" would have noticed the varying heights if they had not already read about their existence on the forum, and been following the development so closely.

Remind me what is the purpose of the variable floor heights. Purely aesthetic? Thanks in advance.

They're currently working on the 41st level.

The western curve starts on the 49th floor (48th level) and the eastern side starts on the 59th floor (58th level). We'll probably see the western curve in early January.

Are you sure? I counted 42-43 floors on the west side before the setback. Maybe it has to do with added floors and the rendering I used is outdated? That's what I used:

123-1906.jpg

Are you sure? I counted 42-43 floors on the west side before the setback.

I’m not basing my count from renderings, but builder floor plans. I considered purchasing a terraced unit on the 46th floor back in 2008. After adding three extra floors, this unit now sits on the 49th floor (48th level).

Same idea on the eastern side. Terraced units were available on the 56th floor, which are now bumped up to the 59th floor (58th level).

^^^
I see, thanks for clarifications. BTW, The Aura crane is now visible form Allen Rd and Sheppard!

Yesterday:

8103098876_c769c8bba0_b.jpg

*on a side note; kinda sucks Aura will never be visible looking down Yonge street from this vantage point (cause of it's angle/positioning away from Yonge):
8103083717_7857736741.jpg

That's what it looks like new, imagine it (and most other new condos) in ten, twenty years. Oi.

(p.s. these stone-veneer cladding pieces they used are really unfortunate. Scary that some of them were cracked open just from installation.)

Back