This afternoon:

OQbWP.jpg

jQ0uU.jpg

rVmOb.jpg

The uneven floor heights look really odd now that the cladding is on.

I personally think that the mismatched floor heights are less prominent now that the cladding up.

Agreed. When wrenkin posted that I spent a god 2 or 3 minutes looking for which floors were different hieghts. While it is possible to spot them, I wouldn't notice it without looking for it.

There are quite a few mismatched floor heights at Trump as well. Perhaps they’re a structural necessity for 800ft+ buildings? It will be interesting to see if One Bloor has them as well…

To date, Aura has 10 foot ceiling heights on levels 27th, 30th, 31st, 34th, 35th, and 39th (all of which should be 9 foot ceilings). The cladding hides them quite well though.

Last edited:
Agree with comments above. If I have to stare at a photograph for ages to notice "problems", it's more like MY problem than the architect's! Scrutinizing photographs for mismatches is obsessive. Appreciate the bigger picture.

I don't even notice the floor height differences with the cladding on. Just to confirm, what floor are they at right now? Should they not have started that curtain wall by now?

The mismatched floor heights, will be very hard to notice. It's hard even for me, and I'm looking at it right on my computer. Just little clues give it away, but in honestly, it's barely noticeable.

The variable floor heights are hardly noticeable. The cladding hides it well. I'd rather have a taller building with some varying floor heights than I would an 80 story building that's only 750' tall.

Agree with comments above. If I have to stare at a photograph for ages to notice "problems", it's more like MY problem than the architect's! Scrutinizing photographs for mismatches is obsessive. Appreciate the bigger picture.

well said. get over your obsessions with flaws people.

Not well said.

From person to person there are differing degrees of visual literacy. Some people will look at the photographs and instantly see the varying floor heights, clad or not, while others will have to search for them. Those who have to search for them are not likely to care. Those who see them instantly can decide whether to care or not, without being told what to think by others.

Oh, and "get over your obsession with flaws people" is pretty hilarious.

So, they are flaws in your estimation? If they are actual flaws, then maybe I should be worried. I don't think these are flaws though. The building has been engineered this way on purpose, whatever that may be.

Last edited:
I noticed them when I walked by the last couple of times, but I don't think it's that bad, the maze of mullions kind of hides them. Trump is really noticeable.

Back