^Clumsy (the setback, not the photo.)

The same could be said of your rush to judgement. You are always too eager to sound the most well-informed and knowledgeable that you sacrifice scrutiny for speed.

Allow me to elucidate:

The clumsiness, to which I assume you refer, is the way the northern center section seems to step back from the facade in a double-step, awkward way (indicated below). When likely that secondary setback on the left (Which is the protrusion to accommodate the balconies.) will disappear in a few floors, as the balconies end and the curtainwall begins in that spot (Indicated in a close-up of a rendering I did recently. I am sure they will do a better job than my render.)

BUH4M9P.jpg

You will note that once the balconies on the eastern side of the north face end, the secondary setback vanishes and the curtainwall blends in nicely. Also, the addition of the service elevator hoarding, is adding a dimension of distraction from the smooth transition the curving curtainwall will make with the western half of the North face.

Certainly this is just speculation on my part at this point, however I will err on the side of caution before I judge the look of a finished project before it is even halfway completed.

Last edited:
Amazing shots steveve! That balcony glass is doing a pretty decent job of covering up all those mullions. The progress on the curved section is also very interesting to watch. Here is a shot from just now captured by the Aura Webcam:

BgpmQGd.jpg

Great pics steveve. I gotta say that Aura is looking much better with the balcony glass up and the curve becoming more apparent.

I was not completely sold on the balcony glass when I first saw it, but I must admit, it's looking pretty smart!

I'm still not convinced from the balcony glass I think its a little to light colored but overall I like the building and still think as the glass goes up it will get better.

As of now its reached beast mode in height, seems pretty tall. I would guess around 175m.

I'm guessing 54th floor anyone know?

A little future fun...:cool:

A rendering done from a great perspective. Original picture taken by member skyjacked found Here.

GjEPLKN.jpg

(Original and Rendering for comparison)

wa2JAwN.jpg

Great work, Traynor! I'm glad you're doing future renders again, I always looked forward to those. The comparison photos you posted underneath are very helpful!

Amazing shots steveve! That balcony glass is doing a pretty decent job of covering up all those mullions. The progress on the curved section is also very interesting to watch. Here is a shot from just now captured by the Aura Webcam:

BgpmQGd.jpg

I have to admit - as a local resident I was cringing at the balcony finish but with the balcony glass its looking much cleaner.

Great work, Traynor! I'm glad you're doing future renders again, I always looked forward to those. The comparison photos you posted underneath are very helpful!

+1, love the comparison shot at the bottom, and really appreciate the work on these renderings. Really helps give an idea of this one on completion.

Traynor's rendering looks better than what I've seen in real person so far. Hopefully it will get better now that the cladding is set to improve look-wise.

Canderel really should send Traynor a gift basket or something, that rendering is ridiculously impressive. Great job Traynor!

Back