Did the engineers account for the weight of the books? :D

I worked in a library where that's exactly what did *not* happen: the new library at U of T Scarborough had a second floor constructed that could not accomodate compact shelving, with the result that by the time I left in 2008 the library was itself running out of shelf space. It was constructed in 2004.

Last edited:
I worked in a library where that's exactly what did *not* happen: the new library at U of T Scarborough had a second floor constructed that could not accomodate compact shelving, with the result that by the time I left in 2008 the library was itself running out of shelf space. It was constructed in 2004.

That was a myth about UW's Dana Porter Library too.

Aura from the east end Chinatown, late Sunday afternoon.

Gerrard-Oct20-13G.png

The gym, Hard Candy, will be on the top retail level (5th floor). It has not opened yet. Although people have moved in, the facilities are still far from finished.

... the 5th floor is condo amenities. unless you are counting the basement mall. It goes like this:

Basement: Mall
First Floor: Banks & Restaurants
Second Floor: Bed Bath & Beyond
Third Floor: Marshalls
Fourth Floor: Hard Candy

And some photos from today's visit up the hoist elevator to the 67th floor:

View attachment 19187

stunning.
and ya as regards to a sky restaurant, that would be awesome... Panorama lounge@Manulife and 360 are great, but something here would stand on it's own.

Back