Aura's never looked better.

Thanks, Aura is like a date one would only take to a dimly lit restaurant or a McDonald's across town lest anyone see.

LOL this thread should be closed, it's just a recurring "oh this building sucks. This building sucks, this building really sucks. Guess what? This building sucks. Y'know, this building sucks. This sucks. Building sucks. Sucks. Building. This." from the same users. It doesn't bring anything to the discussion. It's getting annoying.

The worst thread of all time would be Mirvish+Gehry, hands down. It just goes on and on for hundreds of pages, with the same old fighting match between the preservationists, pro-city planners, and skyline fetishists. Avoid it like the plague.

Aura from Huron Street, last night.

AuraFromHuronFeb10-14.png

Hopefully we start seeing some steel soon, (which is what I'm assuming the crown will be)
We've been at this level for over 2 months now,

Of course, it matters. From a distance, all you will really see is the top portion and since it will be lit at night, it matters to me. It's a central landmark, whether people like it or not. And the base is not nearly as ugly as some want to make it seem. We all know it's not a great building but it's definitely not even close to being this city's ugliest building.

Hopefully we start seeing some steel soon, (which is what I'm assuming the crown will be)
We've been at this level for over 2 months now,

The holidays then the exceptional weather in January & some of this month has played a large part slowing down work on the top.

Errrr.....not that I care, at all, what she thinks, but I think I heard on the radio today (97.3) that when Madonna came to officially open Hard Candy, she commented that, and I quote "what an ugly F$@&ing building", but, I was flipping through stations and just caught a few seconds of what the DJ said, anyone hear about this? I know it's pointless, but I'm curious if I heard correctly, as to weather her description is accurate, it's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I think, from the top of the podium down, it's beyond ugly, but from above the podium, meah, it's ok, it's not as striking as I envisioned, but I'll reserve my opinion until they've finished. I hoping with the curved roof lines, and hopefully some decent accent lighting, it might not be too bad after all, either way, you can't miss it, fingers crossed, and happy weekend all :cool:

Back