Good because the longer that roof remains flat, the more nervous I become. I've been disappointed by deceptive renderings too many times.

Update 1:37, this must be an ongoing job, another piece has been added since my last post 2 hours ago. Exciting! perhaps they'll finish 1 of 4 sides today?

13913392053_9e584121c2_o.jpg

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/webcam.html

Wow, it almost strikes me as disproportionately big for the area. Perhaps that will change with the condos being developed north of College...

What it needs: a bunch of taco stalls. Get a Kensington Market vibe in here and it may become attractive to Ryerson students.

Kensington Market started to go down once city hall banned the sale and slaughter of live animals within the city. Except for fish.

An LCBO or beer store might serve well here. There is so much residential density in this one block. I was hoping for a walmart, if they ever plan to buy everyone else and convert it into one giant space

According to the recent news article, the roof is to be uplit from the exterior. I had no idea the roof was to be offset, according to the renders, the LED strips were to run all the way up the curved portion, including the roof. Does anyone know when or why they changed it?

Maybe the western slope was always intended to be offset? We've only ever seen renderings of the eastern slope. There could also be a second row of columns to go outside of the current row. It wouldn't surprise me if a screen wall at almost 900 feet needed to be doubled up for structural stability. That thing is going to be subjected to incredible wind loads. It'd also leave some room for catwalks and access ladders to go in behind the glass.

Back