Those first three are taken from the 42nd storey of Spire with an iPhone. Number 1 is a digital zoom, so pretty crappy, Number 2 is a pano, pretty cool at full size, and an indication that they've done well with adjusting for changing light on their pano software. It's kind of fun how in Number 3 the towers of Yonge and Eglinton are at the top of Church Street. I also like the reflected light on the Pantages Tower's south wall. Remember when that tower was such a big deal? (Especially when it was going to be a Safdie design?)

You must have an iPhone 5s for that panoramic photo to have come out so well. With the changing light conditions it is amazing how well the camera adjusted that light balance, great photo.

^i was thinking that huge parking lot in the right side of picture can be used to build 250m+ twins and a park. Aura will get some company.

that Disneyland size lot would be the famous Queen East/Dalhousie/Mutual/Shuter parking lot, which has been there for more decades I suppose? There doesn't to be any development plan for it.

Driving Southbound on DVP, Aura has a massive presence. I hope it gets some company soon.

Yes, the southbound DVP drive is amazing, especially right after the bend under the Leaside Bridge approaching Bloor. The skyline just explodes, with Aura smack in the centre! It will be a pleasure to watch all the new projects rise into view. U Condos is making a great visual impact from here as well.

^i was thinking that huge parking lot in the right side of picture can be used to build 250m+ twins and a park. Aura will get some company.

There's a thread for it somewhere, I believe. The owner is not willing to sell it for redevelopment, from what I remember.

Went for a walk by Riverdale today, terrific vie of our skyline, and an amazing display of how alone Aura looks, but bridges the gap between downtown and midtown. I never realized just how much it stand out, and dwarfs everything around it. I suspect in the coming decades we'll start seeing other projects near it to fill in the gap. Sorry for the pic quality, took them with my Galaxy 4, not the best quality, have a great day all! :cool:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,192
IMG_20140522_184343 (2).jpg

Strange clumps of little patios have appeared outside Reds. This little section on Yonge, and a larger similar strip on Gerrard.

To me, it looks awkward, and not very inviting. Too far from the restaurant, and too small. This stretch of wide sidewalks could have been amazing, but instead we get a couple banks and this....

Attachments

• IMG_20140522_184343 (2).jpg
    IMG_20140522_184343 (2).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,040
Strange clumps of little patios have appeared outside Reds. This little section on Yonge, and a larger similar strip on Gerrard.

To me, it looks awkward, and not very inviting. Too far from the restaurant, and too small. This stretch of wide sidewalks could have been amazing, but instead we get a couple banks and this....

the rules surrounding the drinking of alcohol out of doors in Ontario are astonishingly stupid. one wonders why they are allowed to persist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, those are just plain old silly ... I don't see them lasting long.

the rules surrounding the drinking of alcohol out of doors in Ontario are astonishingly stupid. one wonders why they are allowed to persist.

Actually, licensed outdoor spaces separated from the licensed establishment is new. Before this, patios had to be immediately beside the restaurant or pub.

Oddly, a moderator opted to rewrite my original post. This is what resulted:

"Actually, outdoor spaces separated by a public from the licensed establishment is new. Before this, patios had to be immediately beside the restaurant or pub."

interchange: a public "what"?

Last edited:

Back