Firmed up on some Commercial space in the new Aura today, will be 122 shops and good news..the building is two months ahead of sked according to the Aura representative.

2 months ahead of schedule? how is that possible when the first set of occupancy dates are in October of this year?

Also I know this is a question that I should definitely be able to answer already but is this tower going to be clad in window wall or curtain wall glass?

The upper curved sections are planned to be clad in curtain wall. I'm not certain of the planned cladding systems for the lower portion of the tower.

On the webcam it looks like the ground floor slab has been poured at the north end of the site. Now I'm curious to see the first ground floor columns get formed up, to get a feel for how much space there'll be between Aura and College Park

On the webcam it looks like the ground floor slab has been poured at the north end of the site. Now I'm curious to see the first ground floor columns get formed up, to get a feel for how much space there'll be between Aura and College Park

yeah. some crazy crazy progress! wow! the site is so busy now!

image.php

First post in this thread was June 2006. So four and a half years from proposal to ground level. Seems longer than that... I think we've been waiting for this building more-so than just about any other in Toronto.

yeah. some crazy crazy progress! wow! the site is so busy now!

image.php

I love how the park will remain in the middle of these towers; but is there a redesign in the works? College Park PARK, as is, is pretty uninviting. I would love to see a modern-day reno on this popular meeting place!

I love how the park will remain in the middle of these towers; but is there a redesign in the works? College Park PARK, as is, is pretty uninviting. I would love to see a modern-day reno on this popular meeting place!

It's pretty tired looking and somewhat dysfunctunal in areas, but it will be. In fact, I look forward to the park being updated as much as seeing Aura completed.

I went by for a walk today. That entire poured section is going to be open space/walkway, the building begins right at the southern edge of where the concrete is. It seems really generous, but given the size of the tower I suppose it might be needed

college park will be a hotspot (at least for me). it'll be surrounded by skyscrapers (ROCP, Aura, college park office). though it is a bit bland, during the summer it looks more filled when the trees are fully green. :)
passed by the site today, looks like they'll be pouring the ground floor slab any day now. half of the site is poking out at street level.

EDIT:

not very informative photos, but here's some just showing how huge aura will be:
5439243445_3d22aa2b61_b.jpg

5439839986_833c628236_b.jpg

Last edited:
This is for the connection between College Park and Aura

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2H4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 127431 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 16, 2011

Project: Multiple Unit Building Other(BA)

Description: Proposal to construct a below grade connection between 444 YONGE ST (basement level) and 382 YONGE ST (P1 level). See admin permit for 382 Yonge St 11 127443.

What are those big pieces of steel with what looks like rivets, for? Are they located there because there will be a heavier load on that particular section?

^I read over at the World Trade Center threads that steel like that is designed to be encased in concrete. The spikes are to allow the concrete to adhere to the column properly. Just like built in re-bar, it will give the concrete something to grip to.

Those are composite columns, which are non-standard construction and used when there are severe limitations for the column sizes (ie. parking spots or encroaching on drive aisles).

Back