The New World Trade Centre in New York is quickly developing as well. The Freedom Tower at 1776 feet and WTC 1,2,3,4 are all going up..all above 1000 feet in height

New York City is developing and renewing their entire city from the Waterfront, Chinatown and a complete newly enhanced WALL STREET....at a quick pace.

I believe they are competing with Toronto's development plans. Its just amazing what they will be doing down there....they are going to leave us in dust

See for yourself.........http://www.renewnyc.com/ProjectsAndPrograms/fulton_street.asp

I hope Toronto can make a comeback with our own unique changes...

Last edited:
^Oh, the richest and most powerful city in the Western World - if not the planet - has more impressive development plans than Toronto? You don't say!

Unfortunately though an awful lot of the skyscrapers in Toronto are very non descript boxes, I don't know about NYC.

They're certainly not lacking in that department. Take a look at the Platinum, for instance. Notice all the nondescript towers in the "Featured Buildings" section on the lower left hand side, too.

They're certainly not lacking in that department. Take a look at the Platinum, for instance. Notice all the nondescript towers in the "Featured Buildings" section on the lower left hand side, too.

Wow look at those prices in NYC 1000 sq/ft, 1 Bedroom starting at $1.2 million in the Platinum. Prices in Soho and the village are even higher, where a 770 Sq. Ft. unit can set you back $1.5 mil. Toronto is quite the bargain.

There is a lot of new construction in NYC that isn't talked about on skyscaper forums. I would guess, as of today, NYC has way more Sq. footage being built than Toronto.

There were about 70 workers on site today as opposed to the 'L' Tower site where I didn't see any workers today.

auraf28.jpg

with such a big and busy podium, i hope aura doesn't come to a halt with these ground level pours (though it happens with a lot of buildings... almost unavoidable). i'm a bit worried we might only see this thing 5 floors up by the end of the year. hopefully not,

Wow look at those prices in NYC 1000 sq/ft, 1 Bedroom starting at $1.2 million in the Platinum. Prices in Soho and the village are even higher, where a 770 Sq. Ft. unit can set you back $1.5 mil. Toronto is quite the bargain.

There is a lot of new construction in NYC that isn't talked about on skyscaper forums. I would guess, as of today, NYC has way more Sq. footage being built than Toronto.

No kidding, look at what $18,000,000 will buy you. It's actually a beautiful plan but for $17,000,000 in El Toro you can get the whole 75th floor of Aura.

2bdrminmanhattan.jpg

There were about 70 workers on site today as opposed to the 'L' Tower site where I didn't see any workers today.

auraf28.jpg

That probably had a lot to do with the insane winds and generally crappy weather. I noticed both the sites at Bravo in NYCC and Gibson square nothing was going on and the sites were empty.

No, I think you are mistaken. Big Time!

From what I understand the 4 World trade centre buildings alone are adding over 5 million square ft. Add to this, recently completed and under construction Sq. footage in NYC, and I don't think I am wrong big time. The attached screen grab shows 5 buildings under construction that are over 900' and 5 recently completed over 700'. With the recent announment that Brookfield will start construction of its two towers of 1216' and 935' in midtown NYC soon. Vs say 1 bloor East, I see no comparison. I would love to be wrong though.

Attachments

• screen-capture-6.jpg
    screen-capture-6.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 199
New York - 28 Buildings under construction - over 12 floors

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=8&statusID=2

Toronto - 134 Buildings under construction - over 12 floors

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=12&statusID=2

I don't think the World Trade Centre site in New York is the equal of 106 buildings under construction over 12 floors in Toronto.

Aura on it's on is 1.1 Million Square feet - Yes Aura One Building in Toronto is the equivalent of One Quarter of the Entire World Trade Centre Site, then add in the other 105 buildings not including the yet to begin One Bloor Project.

Last edited:
yes, but i'd take the world trade centre (nearly 4 supertalls) for a lot of the junk we get. (crystal blu for example). Here in T.O. we don't get many gems. But watching the world trade centre(s) rise is freaking exciting! (and 1 world trade is looking classy).
I guess the aura pit was our ground zero bathtub.

Back