24 March 2013: Back to the street after another washroom break.:D

rps20130325112115968.jpg

I was having band practise a bit earlier:

rps20130325112204456.jpg

Check out my band: the Rock'n R'aura's

I've never noticed that stage, the number of times I've been in there. That's kind of cool, if it's used for some entertainment type of purposes. At least it will give us some distraction from the cheap surroundings of this mall.

Is the southern end of the platform at College Station adjacent to Aura? Could a new southern entrance be constructed that would feed directly into the basement?

That cream colour throughout the basement is about as exciting as hospital green in my humble opinion. The little stage looks so sad.

At this point I may just accept repetitive variations of bubble tea, cell phone accessories, DVDs, and asian fashion shops over nothing lol.

Aura's basement brings back memories of Sin Tat Plaza and other shopping arcades in Mongkok (Kowloon, HK). But in an eerily-abandoned post-apocalyptic emptiness. Boutique retail spaces are a popular concept in Asian cities, but an contextually different than formats here in NA. The basement level was likely designed to attract foreign investors here to make a quick buck. Unfortunately for them, this will be a harsh lesson learned for the immediate future.

Shouldn't the east side curve be coming just about now?

It looks like the east setback is 11 or 12 levels above the west setback, yesterday they were pouring the 8th level up from the west setback so another 3 or 4 levels to go.

Back