this morning

hKAuWyb.jpg

Attachments

• hKAuWyb.jpg
    hKAuWyb.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,321
Well, there is the Aura between those two towers on Carlton St. Thanks for posting it Edward.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will start removing the overhang in a week of two, according to a notice left on the bulletin board at ROCP.

@Edward Skira
great photo! the sheer size combined with the fog/lighting almost makes Aura look like Godzilla or something! (in a good way). I also never noticed that the drop off for the taller slope was actually visible from the ground. I expected Aura to be high enough for that ledge to be hidden. Guess I'm wrong. It looks a bit sloppy.

From the west the roofline looks bad; the sloping roofline of the east elevation just sort of drops off at the north end instead of blending with the slope of the west parapet. From the north the roofline looks quite unresolved as well.

From the south/east, I will admit, the crown/pinnacle looks sharp. The lighting at night is great too.

/end of positive things I can say about Aura.

^^ I think you're being far too generous. It's mind-boggling to me that such a prominent landmark wasn't handed to a talented, local design firm let alone subject to an international design competition. Forget about New York or Chicago. *Mississauga* is ahead of Toronto here. Now we have to stare at this garbage for the next 100 years, woot-wooted only by adolescent fanboys and girls who understand/care about height alone and nothing else.

Canderel just released an official update for aura. Here's an excerpt:
Building a tower like Aura takes a lot of work, both upfront and behind the scenes. At this point, the building may look completely finished from the outside, but we still have some final steps to take to make sure that our vision is fulfilled and the building is complete from top to bottom. The next few weeks you'll see our construction team working on our amenities spaces, our swooping roof, and removal of the temporary canopy over the retail podium.

We'll also be working on the glass installation for the swooping roof, which will be fully complete in the coming weeks. The hoist, which is the exterior construction elevator, will be coming down once the glass rooftop is completed, along with the safety canopy above the ground floor retail on Yonge St. This will go on throughout the month of October and into November, and will take about 4 weeks to be dismantled.

I wonder if the glass installation on the roof will fix the truncated line/curve that some ppl have commented on in earlier posts

Back