It's odd... the crane is built at the perimeter of the building, not into the core. Wonder if this is only temporary? Will add a photo later.

I think they have a tricky situation there because I doubt a crane in the core would have enough reach to make it to the corner at Yonge/Adelaide, but if they need a second crane for the podium the first crane needs to be pushed back so that they can clear each other. I have a feeling the crane we're seeing is only going to be there until they get the core 4 or 5 storeys out of the ground.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if once the podium was complete they used a jumping crane like they did with the west tower once the core is established.

Aug 25th

IMG_0008.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,770
I was by this one last week, it looked like they were starting to form up the ground floor of the tower. By the end of September we should see the beginnings of the elevator core, and then it'll shoot up fast after that.

Yes, agreed. The site was in construction mode today, which was nice to see on a Sunday. It did appear that they are at ground level of the tower, which is difficult to tell in my pic lol...

Aug 25th

IMG_0025.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,745
Last edited:
I passed by the site the other day and noticed how the site looked from Yonge. This lot is absolutely HUGE, especially since they demolished the building on the south-east corner to make way for the podium... How I wish they'd redesigned the building to make it somewhat closer to Yonge. I also wish a future tower will go on the north-east corner of the site, although, I doubt it will ever happen with them preserving the facade :(

Either way, this building's impact won't necessarily change the skyline significantly, but it'll certainly change the face of Yonge/Adelaide at street level. This tower will be huge.

There's some demo work being done this afternoon. It was very dusty as I walked through Yonge/Adelaide.

It's odd... the crane is built at the perimeter of the building, not into the core. Wonder if this is only temporary? Will add a photo later.

Yes - confirmed by one of the 'white helmets' on the site this morning - the current crane is only temporary. Two new cranes, the main ones for the construction of the building, are still to come. The person I was speaking with was unable to give a specific timeframe, just that it would be when all the prerequisite site engineering work was completed.

Some Bay Adelaide Centre Demolition from Yonge Street.

[video=youtube;6tnmgmQ_djI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tnmgmQ_djI[/video]

9679872997_69fe0a127e_b.jpg

Above Ground??????

Back