There is very very little vacancy, sub 5% ... buildings are hardly ever 100% occupied ... remember a sub 5% vacancy in a market is considered extremely tight.

Actually the older class A buildings have a lot more vacanies now a days (i.e. commerce court / TD / BMO).

bayadelaide.jpg

October 9, 2013.

According to the live webcam the main crane hasn't been assembled yet. The crane in the above photo is the existing one. You can see from the webcam that the new crane will be yellow.

Yes, I see that now, my mistake. I didn't see the blue portion of the existing crane and thought it was the new one.. Looking forward to seeing things rise.

October 10:
Not sure if can be seen, but they are assembling a huge grey steel structure to be used as the crane base, interesting to see where this structure will end up being located.
6g3j.jpg

From 390 Bay:

Bay-Adelaide East by Ramako, on Flickr

Nice angle!. Really awesome once again seeing such a huge site under construction in the heart of the financial district.

On a side note, I really hope they redevelop the north-west corner of Yonge/Adelaide (nicely shown in this photo). Not sure where the subway lines run through but that would be a sweet spot for a skyscraper.

The subway is directly below Yonge at this point, it doesn't veer off of the street until it reached where 501 Yonge is. (as 501 Yonge is built over the subway)

Nice angle!. Really awesome once again seeing such a huge site under construction in the heart of the financial district.

On a side note, I really hope they redevelop the north-west corner of Yonge/Adelaide (nicely shown in this photo). Not sure where the subway lines run through but that would be a sweet spot for a skyscraper.

The NW corner is part of this development, as seen in the render, the podium/lobby will extend right to Yonge Street.

Unless you mean the north-east corner, which is occupied by 2 historic buildings which I wouldn't want to see touched, but those directly north, including the (no longer) "Arcade" building could certainly be redeveloped.

October 10:
Not sure if can be seen, but they are assembling a huge grey steel structure to be used as the crane base, interesting to see where this structure will end up being located.
That location is now permanent, as the first crane piece is erected into place onto that base. I wonder if that odd location was chosen to take care of both the tower and the base with 1 crane.

Does anyone know if this one will be build with a concrete core/steel frame like B/A 1? If so, this one will rise very quickly.

Back