UrbanToronto went along for a tour on Friday with the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, and we have a front page story here, which even answers the 'are we there yet?' questions on how many floors they've hit so far.

Slightly different view from the 32nd floor of the Trump.
BAEast2.jpg
BAEast.jpg

Attachments

• BAEast2.jpg
    BAEast2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,964
  • BAEast.jpg
    BAEast.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,962
Yes, we have too many wires, but the area in real life does not look like a slum. What you were looking at is a photo that has been taken with a zoom lens which compresses everything, bringing hundreds of meters worth of wire together in one photo.

A few hydro lines in the picture but, it's mostly buried in that area. Blame the TTC.

I don't mimd streetcar wires, it's the other electrical infrastructure that I wish was out of sight.

The TTC hasn't shown any intention of burying the electrical infrastructure that power those streetcar lines. Even along stretches where everything including street signals and lighting is buried.

Those 3 black cables mid photo are TTC power lines

30 August 2014: It sure looks good from here

I was just thinking seeing that shot how weak and stubby BA1's fins look but the corner notches combined with them do add a bit of distinctive character. Bay Adelaide is one of those buildings that looks absolutely beautiful up close, but makes no impression from a distance and just blends in with any other office building.
I'd love to see a building with massive fins go up like the New York Times building in NY somewhere in the city. As for exciting office tower architecture, I'm hoping 156 Front and Ernst&Yonge tower blow everything out of the water.

Last edited:

Back