From the Tridel livecam:

image1.jpg

One of the roof areas (north-east side of building) appears to already be vandalized with black graffiti (unless it's some sort of rooftop art installation 😆)
I'm afraid these white walls will not fare well over time.
And don't get me started on the rail corridor side of the crash wall.

If you look closely in the pics above, you can see the new metal tree art installation on the crash wall. To me it looks a little incongruous with the modern aesthetic of the building, but I'm glad they didn't leave the wall blank. (The rail-facing wall is grey concrete and covered in graffiti.)

@ Dupont & Howland, there is a "now leasing" sign. Is that for leasing apartments? Or strictly to rent store space, which still sits empty on the ground level? (two units still available)

It’s a good effort with some interest, but I wish they’d given the gold panelling treatment to all the larger inset areas on the street facing side. It would have added so much to the aesthetic.

Here's a closer look at the sign by the entrance. "Luxury condo suites available". The original idea was that these are condos for sale "From 1.6 Million dollars" I wonder what the rent will be like? lolView attachment 395903
If these are 'condominium' suites for lease, as the sign does say, could these be the developer's left over unsold inventory? If so, is Tridel just going for a holding income, while continuing to also trying to sell them? Which, unless there are protections for the tenant in the lease agreements, prospective tenants could be given the boot by new owners once the unit has been sold?

If Tridel had never having put these units on the market for sale, but purposely retained a portion of them to rent out on their own accord, was Bianca marketed and information included in the Disclosure documents that the building was actually a mixed mode condominium / developer rental unit building?

Or could these simply be investor owned units which Del Rentals component of Tridel has the marketing / leasing arrangements with the actual owners?

Back