I just scoped their website and Creeds' dry cleaning prices are quite steep. I got a 2 piece suit dry cleaned recently from a place just next to Lansdowne subway station for around $20, and with the "rush" option too.

Creed has it at $105.85. Different clientele perhaps, but Creeds have been around for a while and were located not too far away previously. If the place on the opposite corner to them sticks to their core strengths, then they'll continue to do alright.

I just scoped their website and Creeds' dry cleaning prices are quite steep. I got a 2 piece suit dry cleaned recently from a place just next to Lansdowne subway station for around $20, and with the "rush" option too.

Creed has it at $105.85. Different clientele perhaps, but Creeds have been around for a while and were located not too far away previously. If the place on the opposite corner to them sticks to their core strengths, then they'll continue to do alright.

What? Who pays $105.95 to dry clean a suit? Well, maybe if the suit costs over $3,000 ...

Hey, they gotta pay for their fancy new location somehow...

Love Sun Dry Cleaning, that's my local. Great guys, great prices, great service.

I nearly forgot to post this, I took this whilst noting how different and unfortunate this side of the development looks from the tracks.
20230626_161254.jpg
20230626_161257.jpg

I nearly forgot to post this, I took this whilst noting how different and unfortunate this side of the development looks from the tracks.
View attachment 488121
Yeah, the rich get a wall for their condo.
It keeps the noise of the trains going by down, while those with a lower income, living in the houses on Bridgeman, Howland, Albany & areas around DO NOT get a wall up on their side.
Poor them! It's just not fair. There should be a wall on BOTH sides of the tracks to absorb the noise of those loud noisy trains going by at all hours day and night.

It keeps the noise of the trains going by down, while those with a lower income, living in the houses on Bridgeman, Howland, Albany & areas around DO NOT get a wall up on their side.
Poor them! It's just not fair. There should be a wall on BOTH sides of the tracks to absorb the noise of those loud noisy trains going by at all hours day and night.
As @innsertnamehere correctly notes, there's a reason this is called a "crash wall" not a "noise wall". The latter does exist, but this isn't one of them.

What @innsertnamehere and @ProjectEnd said............but with this added:

How are the residents of Howland, or Albany, etc. low-income, writ-large? Most are Single Family Homes, those houses are worth far more than the majority of condos in Bianca.

There's one home on Howland, just north of the tracks, for sale right now, for only $1,895,000 (before it goes for over listing).

What @innsertnamehere and @ProjectEnd said............but with this added:

How are the residents of Howland, or Albany, etc. low-income, writ-large? Most are Single Family Homes, those houses are worth far more than the majority of condos in Bianca.

There's one home on Howland, just north of the tracks, for sale right now, for only $1,895,000 (before it goes for over listing).
Okay but the noise of the trains is so disturbing. I'd hate to live in any of the nearby homes.

Back