News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Must've been your location(s). It didn't accept my card 4-5 times at the end of my street or the one in front of Princes' gates.
The system was definitely funky. I did get a frightening email afterwards saying that one of my trips on Friday exceeded 1 hour ride time. I emailed the support team for clarification after seeing no such rides exceeding an hour on the app. The response:

1657718742452.png

Attachments

• 1657718704100.png
    1657718704100.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 72
I had to go to Finch station today. Planned to Bike Share from Symington and Davenport to Yonge station and take the subway. But managed to find an e-bike at Davenport and Avenue. Soooo.... rode that all the way up to Lawrence station (actually a bit further to Yonge Blvd where I realized that I passed the last subway station with Bike Share nearby, and had to circle back).

The e-bike made the mostly uphill ride a breeze. Was my first time in the Yonge bike lane too. Not bad.....though quite narrow overall. Glad I didn't have to pass many people or get passed by anyone. Wish it went further north (ended around Davisville, I think).

Last edited:
I had to go to Finch station today. Planned to Bike Share from Symington and Davenport to Yonge station and take the subway. But managed to find an e-bike at Davenport and Avenue. Soooo.... rode that all the way up to Lawrence station (actually a bit further to Yonge Blvd where I realized that I passed the last subway station with Bike Share nearby, and had to circle back).

The e-bike make the mostly uphill ride a breeze. Was my first time in the Yonge bike lane too. Not bad.....though quite narrow overall. Glad I didn't have to pass many people or get passed by anyone. Wish it went further north (ended around Davisville, I think).

The City plans to extend the Yonge bike lanes north, they were waiting on the wrap-up of all the Crosstown related construction. While an extension could come as soon as next year, I think 2024 is more likely.

something tells me pbsc bought like a crapton of bikes. every since like the end of june im looking at the map and i see just so many

something tells me pbsc bought like a crapton of bikes. every since like the end of june im looking at the map and i see just so many

Maybe that's why there were no empty docks anywhere near King and Bay, despite their "superstation" advertising.

The e-bike made the mostly uphill ride a breeze. Was my first time in the Yonge bike lane too. Not bad.....though quite narrow overall. Glad I didn't have to pass many people or get passed by anyone. Wish it went further north (ended around Davisville, I think).
I can't wait for them to expand the main network beyond the 401. It'd do wonders to relief some of the last mile problem.

They really should provide incentives for users to check in bikes at stations with few around. I expect they'd get some takers and might be cheaper than hiring more crews to do it.
Half price ride if you dock at a station with <25% bikes docked?

Repositioning bikes has to be a massive part of their opex.

Back