News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Got one of the new e-bikes today. There were five in the dock I borrowed it from. Speedometer is a nice feature. I noticed that my cruising speed on flat ground with easy pedalling was around 26km/h. Also love that feeling of a brand new / well-tuned Bikeshare.

Also excited to see a sign for "coming soon" e-bike charging station literally right next to one of my frequent destinations. Whether I manage to get e-bikes or regular bikes there, it will be a nice bit of extra convenience, sparing me a 180m walk. :)

Got one of the new e-bikes today. There were five in the dock I borrowed it from. Speedometer is a nice feature. I noticed that my cruising speed on flat ground with easy pedalling was around 26km/h. Also love that feeling of a brand new / well-tuned Bikeshare.

Also excited to see a sign for "coming soon" e-bike charging station literally right next to one of my frequent destinations. Whether I manage to get e-bikes or regular bikes there, it will be a nice bit of extra convenience, sparing me a 180m walk. :)

Totally appreciate the gist of the post and the Bikeshare enthusiasm, but that last bit had me laughing.........as if 180M were 'a walk'. It may involve walking, but its barely a hop, skip and a jump!

Got one of the new e-bikes today. There were five in the dock I borrowed it from. Speedometer is a nice feature. I noticed that my cruising speed on flat ground with easy pedalling was around 26km/h.

FWIW, the speedometer on the new ebikes reads about 1-1.5 km/h higher/faster than my GPS watch. Still, a useful feature!

I will sheepishly confess to being a "dock-slammer". I intend to amend my practices now that I'm armed with this new information! Hopefully I haven't stressed too many bumpers! (I otherwise try to take good care of the bikes)

Great thread - thanks!

By the way, is there any way to tell at a glance if a bike (regular, non-e-bike) is going to be rubbish or not? What I mean is that some bikes are super smooth like butter and pedal beautifully, while others feel like you're towing a medium-sized boat. I've noticed that the brand new bikes (you can tell since the splash guard over the front wheel is a jet black) tend to be pretty good but occasionally you can get a dud.

Any "life hacks" on this or do you just need to check it out and take it for a test drive to be sure?
I usually look for perfect handle bars 🤷‍♂️
Figure they are either newer or recently maintained.

I usually look for perfect handle bars 🤷‍♂️
Figure they are either newer or recently maintained.
I notice sometimes older bikes get their seats and handle bars swapped with newer ones and I end up with a dud bike anyway.

I've begun checking the chains for signs of rust instead as of late.

Reactions: PL1
New Bikeshare station on Claremont at Queen St. West (just east of Trinity Bellwoods Park.

1661356770261.png

Guess I'm walking today...
What's going on around St Clair West? Does this happen often?

View attachment 423062

Post this image publicly to Bikeshare......

Offer these stats: Of 14 Bikeshare stations on or adjacent to St. Clair West not one has a single bike available.

IF one were to go all the way south to Davenport (which doesn't work if your destination is on top of the hill)......

There are 2 bikes, at one dock, out of 8 additional stations or 2 Bikes at 1 of 22 stations.

Downtown Toronto. 4 bikes all out of service. Surrounded by other empty stations. Just waiting here hoping someone returns a bikeScreenshot_20220908-190528.pngIMG_20220908_190514.jpg

Back