News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They need more than 1 at downsview. Should be one right outside downsview station to connect to the Centennial campus one. Otherwise it's kinda pointless.
Your wish has been granted. A station at Downsview Park TTC was added today. I'm also seeing a station at Keele/Downsview Park on the feed but it's not on the map yet.

Your wish has been granted. A station at Downsview Park TTC was added today. I'm also seeing a station at Keele/Downsview Park on the feed but it's not on the map yet.
That's awesome. I go to the Hangar from time to time and I'll definitely be using these now.

The 3 Downsview stations installed thus far are all on the map now:

1684429943821.png

Funny enough I have noticed that Hamilton's and Toronto's bike share systems now seem to magically match in colours suddenly.. Hamilton has a bunch of old orange bikes which they got used from Portland (who uses orange bikes), and Toronto is now orange too with the Tangerine sponsor..

Again from travels in Montreal, the positive. Bixie Bike mechanics out and about and Bixie Repositioning Trailers moving bikes around the city. The negative - far too many bikers (mainly male, but not all) ignoring all traffic rules, lights, signs (regardless of whether these are road, bike lane, trail, pedestrian walkways etc) and doing so at speed with zero regard for those around them. There is one particular yo-yo that if I see again, will test the impetus of computer bag vs biker.

Some other thoughts. Physical separation over paint is just far superior. No right turns is a must ( have said this before) Pedestrian precedence is so nice And civilized. On Street Parking and bike lanes……I‘m not so sure. There are parking issues and demand in certain neighbourhoods that I understand. But on major routes? Earlier someone else noted that traffic flows could be shifted to allow for fully separated bike lanes on one side of the street, and that gets my vote.

With some sort of incentive to create certain amounts of off street Parking in new builds Of some minimum size.
IMG_2603.jpeg
IMG_2613.jpeg

A small note, as of right now, there are 668 Bikeshare stations in operation, which is the number that Bikeshare promised they would be at, at year end last year. (by my count).

So, from now on we're into net new, hopefully.

No locations to bother announcing as most of the increase comes from reinstalling stations such as Allen Gardens.

Last edited:
I can't remember. Did Olivia Chow mention expanding bike share during the campaign? I know Bailão did. Apparently on MetroMorning and Breakfast TV Chow said good things about Ana re housing so maybe some of Ana's bike share ideas can be implemented.

I can't remember. Did Olivia Chow mention expanding bike share during the campaign? I know Bailão did. Apparently on MetroMorning and Breakfast TV Chow said good things about Ana re housing so maybe some of Ana's bike share ideas can be implemented.

There's already a 4-year expansion plan underway, approved by Tory.

I see no reason that wouldn't continue, I don't know that I'd expect it to be substantially accelerated.

Back