News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

They were really late with this post. The system was back up and running 4 minutes after this post, because I had a successful ride that started at 7:01pm.
Yeah I was checking the twitter over and over again for an announcement. This thread was more helpful than their twitter.

I actually did see someone else use some sort of key to unlock a bike? Maybe it was partially back up by then.

Still no space to describe what the problem is when you report a bike. I had a bike this morning that had a wobble in one pedal. Didn't make it unrideable, but it was annoying, and could indicate there's something loose or bent that could become a real problem or safety issue. So I reported it, and now some poor sod will have to inspect the entire bike instead of reading a note from me and going right to the right side pedal to have a look.

Still no space to describe what the problem is when you report a bike. I had a bike this morning that had a wobble in one pedal. Didn't make it unrideable, but it was annoying, and could indicate there's something loose or bent that could become a real problem or safety issue. So I reported it, and now some poor sod will have to inspect the entire bike instead of reading a note from me and going right to the right side pedal to have a look.

Send them an email highlighting this issue; and the required fix.

Don't just send it to customer care either.

Send it to their director, Justin Hanna, email below:

Justin.Hanna@toronto.ca

Last edited:
The expansion in Central Scarborough is now in full swing.

Bikeshare has now reached 825 Stations total, and we have 8 new additions in the above noted area:

Centennial College - Ashtonbee campus:

1722534551546.png

Eglinton/Brimley:

1722534610718.png

Eglinton/Cedar (btw Markham and Kingston Rd):

1722534661482.png

Kennedy/Ranstone (btw Eglinton and Lawrence):

1722534707303.png

And this four-pack

Meadoway/Bellamy

Meadoway/Markham

Ellesmere/Markham

Scarborough Golf Club/Slan

1722534846891.png

Had one guy ask me how bikeshare works when I was undocking a bike today. This is not the first time. At the end of the conversation he was sold. He said he often sees bikeshare riders going past him while he's on the 504. Was also positively surprised when I mentioned the annual fee.
Anyways, I'm curious to know what the marketing strategy is for the system.

Had one guy ask me how bikeshare works when I was undocking a bike today. This is not the first time. At the end of the conversation he was sold. He said he often sees bikeshare riders going past him while he's on the 504. Was also positively surprised when I mentioned the annual fee.
Hope people see the stations and do research it seems, I remember hearing radio ads for green p (bike shares parents)

Depending on your perspective, passing people in stalled cars or transit is the best advertising :)

That said, I suspect (no proof) that Bikeshare probably cannibalizes rides from transit, rideshares and walkers as opposed to single-occupancy vehicles. I will try and see if there are any studies on this.

I do wonder what the most effective marketing strategy is…

Just sent an email to Justin. I wouldn't have bothered if all I had was a generic customer service address. As an update, I got an autoresponse saying he is now using justin.hanna@greenpmobility.com as his email address.
I got a response! A "Sr Planner" there told me that this feature is on a list of things they'd like to do in a future update to the app.

I've been using the system more, the app is a nice upgrade seems to work well. Admittedly I've been using the E-Bikes as a priority cause if i come west of the city there's enough elevation to tucker me out otherwise. I must say that if you avoid the main roads it's a pleasurable experience. Now when I ride my own regular bike I want the kick from the motor. I will say though that I have been flirting the helmet law as I don't carry mine by default. It's about a 10-15 minutes walk to my nearest station though.

Back