Is it? Various shades of god awful.

This tower is a mediocre let down from the renderings. The public view (side facing the street) is still better than 75% of the condos being built as its one of the few glass buildings which is glass in its traditional sense. It's also one of the better podiums. This is nothing like Liberty Village where some developments fail on every level.

December 5th, 2016

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 626
I have been anxiously awaiting the revitalization of the brick podium. It seems to me they matched the new brick with the old brick quite well. The cleaning of the existing heritage brick doesn't seem to have turned out too good in my view... are there still additional treatments for the brick facade?

It will be good to see the windows and entryway installed as well.

I've been anxiously awaiting the hoarding coming down and the street being renewed. It feels like it's been blocked off forever.

Is it just me or are those fins more noticeable now. In person they seem more noticable and colourful. Maybe it's just because everything is so grey right now.

Nothing more than infill. Location is everything, and apparently design doesn't matter. Build and they will come, regardless of the bland mundane appearance. The design review panel
has to up their game a few notches.

Quantity not quality! That's the name of the game for most of these condos going up in this city. We need to create buildings that have other solid materials than just the blue green glass look.

Back