yeah also i heard 1st division rugby teams require a 20.000 + stadium
Wolfpack's average attendance didn't even break 7K last season. Even if they managed to double that, BMO Field would look like a ghost town. If they tripled it, there would still be 9000+ empty seats, and that's before the planned expansion.

Wolfpack's average attendance didn't even break 7K last season. Even if they managed to double that, BMO Field would look like a ghost town. If they tripled it, there would still be 9000+ empty seats, and that's before the planned expansion.
ok i get it, but have the Argos even averaged 14.000/game?

Turf conditions caused by the irrelevant CFL team sharing the field are already causing problems for TFC.

You may not like football but you should have a little more respect for this country's culture. Football was developed at the universities of central Canada in the 1860s and 1870s; it's not a sport we imported from anywhere. Not only that but the Toronto Argonauts are the oldest professional football team in north America.

You won't hear football fans talking trash about the Toronto Reds at every opportunity. Soccer fans have a reputation for being arrogant, hostile, and condescending. You're certainly contributing to that negative image.

Last edited:
Football fans have a reputation for being arrogant, hostile, and condescending. You're certainly contributing to that negative image.

I am that image.

One can respect the history of hand-egg and still insist the Argos get the hell out of our stadium.

It's Mickey Mouse having the hand-eggers mashing up the pitch and causing our players issues.

You won't hear football fans talking trash about the Toronto Reds at every opportunity. Soccer fans have a reputation for being arrogant, hostile, and condescending. You're certainly contributing to that negative image.

What do you expect from a bunch of drunken hooligans? They started a fire in the stadium in Ottawa! Luckily nobody killed.

Toronto FC soccer fans light stadium on fire in Ottawa

http://dailyhive.com/toronto/toronto-fc-fans-fire-ottawa

You may not like football but you should have a little more respect for this country's culture. Football was developed at the universities of central Canada in the 1860s and 1870s; it's not a sport we imported from anywhere. Not only that but the Toronto Argonauts are the oldest professional football team in north America.

I do like football. I used to go to Bills games all the time as a kid and went to games as an adult when they played here in Toronto. The CFL just doesn't interest me though, and the suggestion that I should respect the CFL more than MLS because the sport wasn't "imported" comes across as laughable and un-Canadian to me.
I'm not here to debate you. Watch the sports you like, and if another team ruins the playing surface of the team you root for, feel free to complain about that as well.

At least soccer fans show up to their team's game. TFC 2018 average = 27,156, Argos 2018 average = 14,192. TFC is almost double than the Argos, and to quote Spock, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Love CFL football, but elsewhere please.

And since you decided to comment on the character of soccer fans, let me remind you about how classless football players can be:

CFL players rip Sebastian Giovinco for cramping excuse

I am that image.

One can respect the history of hand-egg and still insist the Argos get the hell out of our stadium.

It's Mickey Mouse having the hand-eggers mashing up the pitch and causing our players issues.
It's not "your" stadium. It belongs to the Argos just as much as it belongs to TFC. Certain elements of the TFC fan base has a lot of maturing to do.

It belongs to the city and is managed by MLSE, which owns both the Argos and TFC. So what I meant by that comment is that neither team has any more claim to it than the other; it "belongs" to both equally.

On paper you're right, but if you look at how it was designed as a soccer-specific stadium right off the bat (requiring part of it to be torn down for allow the Argos to play), how the main colour scheme is red rather than blue, and how the Argos dressing room is in an awful location with no direct field access, I'd say it is functionally and emotionally still more TFC's than the Argos.

It's not "your" stadium. It belongs to the Argos just as much as it belongs to TFC. Certain elements of the TFC fan base has a lot of maturing to do.

It was designed and built with football in mind and has had its pitch ruined ever since those fake rugby cats moved in.

I can agree on your last point though......my maturation process is ever ongoing.

Back