• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
I like the feel of the narrowness of some of these side streets with the tight street walls. It feels sort of European to me. Cafes are probably better left for bigger thoroughfares which tends to be the norm.

I do like narrow streets as well. I just think this neighbourhood lacks greenery, and I figure the only way to get trees in there is to widen the sidewalks. Although they could make this street a little greener by growing ivy on that orange brick.

The retail on Adelaide seems to be struggling enough. I'd prefer to see no retail presence of significance on Pearl.

Adelaide to the north and Richmond to the south are both unidirectional traffic funnels. Cars move far to quickly along these streets to establish any sort of pedestrian realm. I would like to see these streets returned to their original bidirectional state as that would help mitigate the effect of the traffic.

Cellphone pic from this afternoon:

photo.jpg

I really like the muscularity of the brick-accents. I also like how the brick is continued within the balconies right to the windows - it makes for a cleaner, more 'Dutch' look.

Also, what floor are you on aiekon? I work at 19 Duncan, just down the road.

I like the feel of the narrowness of some of these side streets with the tight street walls. It feels sort of European to me. Cafes are probably better left for bigger thoroughfares which tends to be the norm.

I do like narrow streets as well. I just think this neighbourhood lacks greenery, and I figure the only way to get trees in there is to widen the sidewalks. Although they could make this street a little greener by growing ivy on that orange brick.

The sidewalks on the north side will be wider. Obviously this will only be seen once that project gets under way.

nice composition on this shot, thx smuncky!

May 8

IMG_may=09-09-0114.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0124.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0126.JPG

Those people in the first 3 floor have a poor view of the lane way.
IMG_may=09-09-0129.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0130.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0131.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0137.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0138.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0139.JPG

Concrete pour today for part of the ground level
IMG_may=09-09-0140.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0141.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0143.JPG

like this pic! downtown density just keeps on increasing... :cool:

Back