Pic taken June 5, 2015

TuxfjPH.jpg

On Adelaide the other day, looking east toward this building (as opposed to west in the shot above), it struck me how much more inviting the street already looks even before the Brant Park is finished. It gives that block something of appropriate scale for the area which it has not had for a while, and something which promises more vitality going forward. (The bike lane helps with the vitality too.)

It'll be interesting to see what retail ends up in there. With the setback from sidewalk along Brant facing the park, my hopes are for a small cafe being situated at that location.

Pics taken June 9, 2015

A couple pics on a walk by.

A selling point for Brant is the park directly adjacent to it.

St. Andrew's Playground just lost a few mature trees. 4 in this pic and at least 1 in the other direction. Same fate perhaps as Victoria Memorial Park on Wellington and Portland. They've lost more than half their trees after the renovation a couple years back.

fNesfDm.jpg

The property next door is being demolished. Does anyone have any news on its future use?

qV9aoOk.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer about those big old trees. Would it have been for health reasons?

The city really needs to extend the park to include the always-vacant (city-owned, if I'm not mistaken) parking lot next door.

My dog plays in that park. The trees were dead. When every other tree bloomed in the Spring, those didn't. They were fine before the winter though. Not sure what happened.

That's the plan.

Really? That's excellent news! Any timeline for that? It's not like we can ask the Councillor. I have not heard back a single time from Joe Cressy since he took office. Not even a confirmation email. Brutal.

Really? That's excellent news! Any timeline for that? It's not like we can ask the Councillor. I have not heard back a single time from Joe Cressy since he took office. Not even a confirmation email. Brutal.

As I said in the bridge thread, Cressy has been asleep at the wheel ever since he's been elected.

Cressy holds lots of public consultations for new developments and seems very approachable and very knowledgable at those. Accusing him of being asleep seems OTT.

In terms of timeline, I'm not sure it will be settled entirely until the City finalizes its plans for the buildings along the north side.

As I said in the bridge thread, Cressy has been asleep at the wheel ever since he's been elected.

Nice job Cressy. The takeaway is elect NDP and you get watered down landmarks. The original was far better.

You must mean the above bit of brain dead troll-baiting. At the very least, your handle does accurately sum up how most will consider such an 'opinion.'

Back