Thanks for sharing! I have always felt that your city had great bones and though it did suffer more than most Ontario cities in the 80-90s I gather that it has done some great work that is now paying off e.g. Laurier.

Do you have any updates on how the Massey-Ferguson site is evolving? Mohawk Canal? Timekeepers Cottage? Thanks!

Just want to add this wonderful development has been approved by Brantford councilors and will start construction sometime in 2025.

First; Welcome to UT; and thank you for the update here.

Second, 'Wonderful' is a strong word, but certainly I see potential with this proposal.

as someone who lives in Brantford myself I think this is a great development for the downtown - a lot of suburbanites dislike the project both citing concerns of too much traffic and not enough parking at the very same time.

People are often contradictory in this way.

I feel like this forum is hard on Brantford's downtown

Not undeservedly. That's not a slag on the people of Brantford, but it is on the town council who have made some incredibly poor decisions over the years.

and while its bad, it has improved over the years

Have they ever converted the the two main roads from one-way to two-way?

and there are plans to bring in the go train to Brantford + they have increased bus intervals to every 15-20min on 2 routes. (still bad, but less!)

link to article

There are? I know its on Brantford's wish list, but do you have specific details of anything concrete?

First; Welcome to UT; and thank you for the update here.

Second, 'Wonderful' is a strong word, but certainly I see potential with this proposal.

People are often contradictory in this way.

Not undeservedly. That's not a slag on the people of Brantford, but it is on the town council who have made some incredibly poor decisions over the years.

Have they ever converted the the two main roads from one-way to two-way?

There are? I know its on Brantford's wish list, but do you have specific details of anything concrete?
I can confirm that council has moved to reduce the lanes on the main streets down to two and do streetscaping. Not a complete conversion but a big step in the right direction.

Ok first thing I am very sorry but there are no concrete plans for the GO Train, I thought there was but its still all talk

for the timekeeper cottage I couldn't find much about what you were talking about, but this article seems to match it

the 2 main streets downtown (Dalhousie and colborne) are still both one-way and I regularly see people going 60kmh on them. The current idea is to keep it one-way with a bike lane :(

For the massey-ferguson site they are planning the mohawk lake district which will have mixed use developments, 2 museums, and the timekeepers cottage.

Back