I think the Burano could look much slicker with the window they are showing on the model. Murano has many mullions breaking up the glass but Burano looks to be using large floor to ceiling pieces of glass which could looks much slicker.

I'm with Jay on this one "Slick' was the fist thing I though of, looking at the model. This one is gonna be a beauty.

Anyone know what the status is of this project?

I noticed a sign erected at the top of the addison building on the south-east end that appears to be a demolition company. I can't recall the name right now though.

I'm just curious to know when development might begin, this thread implies that sales have been decent. I wonder what the delay might be. I can't wait for this to be built.

If you look back a whole 9 posts before yours, you'll get the answer to your question.

If you look back a whole 9 posts before yours, you'll get the answer to your question.

Oh you mean the post 18 days ago...

Pretty sure I'm not in the 5% category of numnuts who don't actually read the threads before posting, thanks for being pretentious though. You can get your iPhone on Friday.

I noticed in the back alley today that they were removing a lot of the tapestry face brick...

Will they demolish (sorry, deconstruct) the entire building or just the northerly half, on top of which the condo building will protrude?

They're going to dismantle the whole building, then excavate, build underground parking, then re-construct the heritage building. Similar to what was done with the Bay-Adelaide heritage facade.

It's described in these documents:

2672443112_1fef735710.jpg

^Careful that could be construed as "talking back." ;)
which is sooooooo vague a term.

Now I'm gonna get in trouble like Musters and ask whether the entire existing structure is to be deconstructed for preservation? If so, one has to wonder if it will be reconstituted as with the heritage structure going up in BA.

Now I'm gonna get in trouble like Musters and ask whether the entire existing structure is to be deconstructed for preservation? If so, one has to wonder if it will be reconstituted as with the heritage structure going up in BA.

I've wondered the same myself. Thanks for asking the question.

Who else agrees that the back should go?

Who else agrees that the back should go?

Well, I'll just naturally assume it's going. However, the CorbuGropiusGiedionPevsner-reading functionalist in me quite appreciates that no-nonsense functionalist vocabulary: concrete frame, brick infill, industrial windows, nothing else. Fifty years ago, your average armchair GiedionPevsnerite would have deemed that Mary Ann backside miles better than the Bay St frontage.

I guess the pried-off tapestry brick is being reserved for reuse, perhaps within the project...

90% sold

This is the latest that I heard. Anyone else have other info? When is construction/deconstruction slated to begin?

Back