i stand by it. Burano, a real pleaser from afar, especially when you get it on an angle like that last pic. Also, the mechanical treatment is near perfect imo.

the white blinds really kill this building in that first pic.

Yeah, the owners should be allowed to use colour. It would make it look much more interesting. (not sarcasm)

Some of the ground floor windows between the building entrance on Bay and the north glassroom are the old green frame style like on the second floor. They look awesome. Also, the big (oak?) doors at the old Addison entrance on the southeast corner steal the show here. They look real good.

buranos2.jpg

August 21st:

ruOTu.jpg

Above, a fine example of how decent stock can be trashed by a stucco & paint renovation. Those buildings in the centre of the photo were defaced about 10 or 12 years ago and it still pains me to walk by them.

Excellent captures of Burano folks, damn! Like Shangri-la, Four Seasons, Market Wharf (and others), Burano is best viewed in person to take in the building from top to bottom and from different angles. It really impresses.

i have been following this building since it broke ground. One of Aa's best. The combination of sleek angular curtain wall on the ground floor, historic type metal windows on the historic element, well organized window wall, and a soaring mechanical penthouse make this a winner.
Well done Lanterra.

We've got a big story up on the front page here about the unveiling of Glass Memory, Sandro Martini's fresco inside the jewel box restaurant space. The story also features shots of Janet Rosenberg's fantastic street cafe furniture, just installed outside of it. If you ask me, it all looks amazing and will probably prove to be the most important addition to Bay Street street-life in years.

Back