gotta be one of the most boring skyscraper construction in a while ^^ this one came... and went....

Wow, you've been PMSing all day, haven't you? I personally think that this project, with its heritage podium and its trapezoid floor-plate (not to mention its considerable height) is a definite plus for the area.

Perhaps the thread title should be updated to Burano (Bay and Grosvenor, Lanterra, 50s, aA), as the City of Toronto has approved two additional levels.

UrbanOptic, the last information that we have is that a two-floor increase was granted that boosted the building's count to 48 residential levels with a 2-floor mechanical penthouse above. UrbanToronto lists occupied floors in its thread title, so thats why we have 48 listed.

That information is from here.

If you have better info, please send it my way!

I attended a meeting at Toronto City Hall in November of 2009 and the Minor Variance for 832-860 Bay Street (A0538/09TEY) was approved to alter the proposed podium and construct two additional levels over the previously approved 48s residential tower. The information has since been confirmed through Baker Real Estate and that the increase in elevation was meant to accommodate the developer’s decision to market loft style condominiums on the second level?

Wow, you've been PMSing all day, haven't you? I personally think that this project, with its heritage podium and its trapezoid floor-plate (not to mention its considerable height) is a definite plus for the area.

nope. just saying that each and every one of the tower floors was identical... i'm not dissing the tower, just the boringness of construction.... from most angles where you can't see the podium/street level impact, it's just another tower to your average person.but still (imo) a bit more interesting than Casa.

i just don't like this tower from directly west, because it's so wide it blocks out Murano.

UrbanOptic, the last information that we have is that a two-floor increase was granted that boosted the building's count to 48 residential levels with a 2-floor mechanical penthouse above. UrbanToronto lists occupied floors in its thread title, so thats why we have 48 listed.

That information is from here.

If you have better info, please send it my way!

Assignment sale of a PH on "50"...

http://www.condoforsaletoronto.ca/8...nthouse-Burano-Toronto-Condos-Assignment.html

nope. just saying that each and every one of the tower floors was identical... i'm not dissing the tower, just the boringness of construction.... from most angles where you can't see the podium/street level impact, it's just another tower to your average person.but still (imo) a bit more interesting than Casa.

i just don't like this tower from directly west, because it's so wide it blocks out Murano.

"The boringness of construction[?]" What the hell are you talking about? One can't see the 'street level impact' of most under-construction towers so what makes this any different?

Burano's extruded parallelogram-on-heritage-podium certainly does something for some of us around here (not just the standard aA apologists), so the 'boringness of construction' doesn't seem to be a legitimate criticism of the structure's form.

C'mon Steveveveveveveve, don't play into the stereotypes that much...

I think he's alluding to the fact that apart from the base, there is nothing really interesting about the tower. It's a boring tower with an interesting base, and therefore it's boring to watch it go up.

Take a benzo, ProjectEnd.

It's not the best building in the area, that honor goes to Lumiere. But its a step up from anything on the east side of the street in the vicinity, I'll give it that much;

6275092275_0ba8bd5554_z.jpg

Interesting! Last piece of the puzzle is to determine whether there is a 13 or not!

Based on my laste read of the construction schedule .... there are suites # 1301, 1401, etc ...

Back