I'm surprised they didn't make the whole thing artificial turf really. Then the city won't have to bother taking care of it.

A little postcard arrived in my mailbox today:

"Meet you at Community Park on Wednesday, September 9th, 2009

Spanning eight acres of lush landscape, trails, footpaths, and wooded glades, this artistically-inspired park features the Terry Fox Miracle Mile - a jogging/walking track commemorating our Canadian hero, with original art work honouring his spirit. Several sculptures by renowned creator Douglas Coupland also accentuate this vast green space.

Prior to general public unveiling, we invite you to a sneak preview of Community Park at Concord CityPlace.

Wednesday Sept 9 at 12:30pm"

hot dog and a drink with every donation of $1 or more (goes towards terry fox foundation)

They're gonna open it up for a preview. Then close it up again after. So for those who are curious, this is your first and last chance to take a look at the park before it's closed off again :p

A tent is being set up there. I guess preparation for Sept 9?

img7410j.jpg

Cityplace park

Does anyone know when the official opening is going to be, as sept 9th is just a preview. I hope its not much longer

When I asked earlier in the week, the reply was "whenever the city decides they are ready to take over (maintaining) the park"

Wow. That looks massively dumbed down from the original designs for the park. Disappointing.

I agree...

paradepark.jpg

Where are the water features? What about the paving? A cement pour rather than decorated tiled paving?

To be fair though, the trees haven't matured nor has any of the surroundings been built yet so this could turn into a nice park eventually.

I don't get the idea of using astroturf on just that section and not the rest of the park. What is the astroturf area designated for?

Back