Can someone tell me -- is the apparent sloping of this park upward from north to south intended to block the sound from the Gardiner? It appears to slope quite a bit in those photos, perhaps obscuring view of the Gardiner while standing in the park. Am I wrong?

Only one part of the park - the bit leading up to the canoe - rises as one heads to the south, and that it so there's a spot where park visitors can see over the Gardiner to the lake. What's a canoe without some water?

Anybody know why they are laying down some sort of membrane? I was assuming they will be laying down grass, which does not require the membrane.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 255
If stones are to be laid, it will be a huge area. A diversion from the original plan. What the heck are people supposed to do on the stones??

If stones are to be laid, it will be a huge area. A diversion from the original plan. What the heck are people supposed to do on the stones??

i thought it was going to be some sort of artificial grass. i dunno.

Thanks for the photo update GrinTO ... looking back at the renderings and scaled model ... that area with the black membrane is being being is in fact shown as a 'flat' lawn (aka grass), I don't quite understand why that membrane layer is necessary ~ :confused:

This is the photos from the park model at city place.

img0210w.jpg

img0211bcm.jpg

"Not to be overly pessimistic, but that is one seriously compromised park." - ProjectEnd

That was my thought. I really want to see this in person before I judge...but this looks nowhere as interesting as the plans and renders. And it will certainly not be a draw for those who live outside the immediate area (not that there is anything wrong with that, but....).

And lets face it, the roar (and the aesthetics) of the highway, are not going to help one experience the peace and calming effects one should and could experience in a park/garden.

Cityplace park

"Not to be overly pessimistic, but that is one seriously compromised park." - ProjectEnd

You get what Concord can get away with as the city doesn't seem to care if what is built actually matches plans.

Who knows if they will complete the western section with the basketball court. I bet they just level it off and grass seed it.

This could have been a cool park like Music Garden is, too bad.

Back